• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost my 4 legged best friend

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Last week I lost my best friend Buddy. He was 11 years old and had been in poor health since he was 5. He suffered from seizures and Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia. His seizures had been in check for a few years. He suddenly lost the use of his hind legs and couldn't walk or stand. The vet came to the house on her day off and checked him out. He seemed to be in serious pain and probably injured himself falling on the snow/ice. She felt we might be able to treat it but he may not get better for a long time. He was already on huge doses of Tramadol for arthritis. We decided it would be best not to let him suffer any longer. He passed with his head in my lap.

He had a good life even after he became ill. They said at that time that he'd probably not live long, maybe a year. Well, he made it 6 years. He grew up with my Granddaughter. They were like shadows to each other. He was never far from me unless she was there, then I took second place. She was over today and wandered around the house looking lost. Not wanting to play at all, just staring at the little box with his name on it.

Buddy was a rescue and we will probably adopt again. We do have a few prospects we're looking at, but it will be hard not having him around.

RIP Buddy

Attachments

• P1010162.JPG
    P1010162.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 148

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Such a beautiful dog...

I am sorry for your loss. Being very much a dog guy, I know how it feels. You gave him a great home, and good life. I am sure he is greatfull for your love and care. You did all you could do. Buddy was a "lucky dog" and you made sure....

Regards, kirk

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He's at peace, I shed a tear, I always do with a FF member's animal friend passing.

Nothing fills the loss ................

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm sorry for your loss. You gave him a good life and plenty of love. He was lucky to have you.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just like people, all you can do is treat them right and give them a good home. He had great years with you. Remember the good times together.

Mama

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds and looks like he was a beautiful dog inside and out.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to read about Buddy. I've got Snowball on my lap. We thought we were going to lose him just a month or so ago. He's rallied and is responding well to new medications, looks like he will be with us for a while.

Its always hard to lose a pet. Non pet owners don't understand the unconditional love that a pet can provide, and the emotional therapy that we all enjoy when a pet loves us.

Buddy's suffering is over, your grieving will last for a while. Remember him for all the good he gave you and honor his memory in your heart.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss. Doing the right thing is sometimes difficult and heart wrenching, but he's now free from the suffering. Get out there and welcome another pup into your life. It will be good for both of you.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate these threads. I sure miss my last two dogs. The current replacement is OK and a good dog but he never really filled the void.

Sorry for your loss.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it's never easy. It sounds, though, like he had a good life, and that's what is important. RIP.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Dragonfly Lady and I feel your pain, and the joy of your memories. We've lost some four-legged family members over the years and understand all the mixed feelings.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Last week I lost my best friend Buddy. He was 11 years old and had been in poor health since he was 5. He suffered from seizures and Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia. His seizures had been in check for a few years. He suddenly lost the use of his hind legs and couldn't walk or stand. The vet came to the house on her day off and checked him out. He seemed to be in serious pain and probably injured himself falling on the snow/ice. She felt we might be able to treat it but he may not get better for a long time. He was already on huge doses of Tramadol for arthritis. We decided it would be best not to let him suffer any longer. He passed with his head in my lap.

He had a good life even after he became ill. They said at that time that he'd probably not live long, maybe a year. Well, he made it 6 years. He grew up with my Granddaughter. They were like shadows to each other. He was never far from me unless she was there, then I took second place. She was over today and wandered around the house looking lost. Not wanting to play at all, just staring at the little box with his name on it.

Buddy was a rescue and we will probably adopt again. We do have a few prospects we're looking at, but it will be hard not having him around.

RIP Buddy

Cheers to you, Gerry, for giving Buddy the chance to live a full life and cheers to Buddy for living that life. He's always alive in your heart and your memories. RIP Buddy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, so sorry to hear about your loss Jerry. :( You did a great deed rescuing Buddy and giving him the life he had. Kudo's to you my friend.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I am sorry for your loss. As you can tell by my handle I am partial to my critters. I know how much losing one means.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm always sad to hear of someone losing a pet; especially a dog because dogs are my favorite pets. My sincere condolences to you and your family.