• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Where are you at the highest risk for a bear attack?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:doh:

Attachments

• 54119267eadf44ada3d94f536cfd8b75.jpeg
    54119267eadf44ada3d94f536cfd8b75.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,031

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I opened this thread in the hope of getting some really interesting information and what do I get instead ..... ?????

It was pretty funny though. :yum:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
There was a bear right in my own driveway...Coyotes have been really close to the house as well. The dog knows when they have been around.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just had 18 turkeys around the Japanese Cherry trees eating breakfast. I have a feeling that solar system map applies to them as well. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Anywhere they Sh!t.

Old advice when hiking in bear country. Wear a little bell. Use the bell to ward of bears. Also check the scat. If you find it you are in bear country.

To tell which bears are in the woods you have visited,,, check the scat for what they eat..

Brown and black bears have berry skins, fish bones, tree bark and bug carcasses in their scat. Grizzly scat has little bells.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Picking high mountain berries. Have had to kill two. Not happy about it, but...
One with 12ga slug load, the second a 30carbine ruger blackhawk. I was more worried about the 30 carbine doing the job. It worked well enough.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Picking high mountain berries. Have had to kill two. Not happy about it, but...
One with 12ga slug load, the second a 30carbine ruger blackhawk. I was more worried about the 30 carbine doing the job. It worked well enough.
Black, Brown or Grizzly?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There was a bear right in my own driveway...Coyotes have been really close to the house as well. The dog knows when they have been around.

There was a coyote around here once which found it's way to town somehow, but I do see more foxes and raccoons.

NO BEARS. I'd faint. lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a good awakening a few years ago with a bear. I was standing at the end of the driveway at 6am waiting for my ride to work with my lunchbox in hand still half asleep. I turned around and there was a black bear between me and the house coming towards me. I dropped my lunch raised my arms and charged towards it. It turned around and ran off

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
medium black. Not huge, Not huge.
Any bear will sure get you attention. When I was younger they had a carnival that would set up in our local park (in the 60's). One of the features was bear wrestling. The bear was muzzled and maybe declawed (I'm guessing) but teenagers and young adults at the time would pay to get in there and wrestle a 300lb black bear. The did looks small but still, it's a bear. I was not even a teenager but do remember that attraction.