• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Palin becomes the left's worst nightmare...

Do you think Palin will come back stronger

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I posted this on another Forum, but it applies pretty much still...

After bashing Palin for the last bunch of months since the election in an attempt to marginalize her, she has taken off the gloves.

As the Governor, she is a prime target for the loony left and they know there wasn't much she could do about it. They filed some 14 odd ethics complaints that were all baseless and thrown out at a great cost to both Palin and the State of Alaska (that is all of those that live here).

By leaving the Governor's office, she can begin to fight back without the hindrances of being attached to political office as most of her detractors aren't either.

She can now raise funds without the stings of the regulations for those in office, and she can say what is on her mind... And I would bet donuts to dollars that she is going to be one hot ticket on the Talk circuit!

During the Campaign, it was her against Obama... which was kind of neat since the left can't tell the difference between her drawing power and Biden's... She drew ten's of thousands at the rallies and he drew hundreds, not bad for the second place seat.

Had the "Loony Left" just let her come back to Alaska and kept their mouths shut, she would have faded into the background, but because she is their "Waterloo", they couldn't keep quiet and now she can do what she wants and there isn't much to stop her.

She can now attend the national events and give speeches without being accused of not doing her job, which she did anyway, even on the road, just like Obama does... except he spends a lot more time on the road selling out America which isn't quite the same thing...

Payback is such a great thing!!!
oglvvd.gif

I think that the left has created their own worst nightmare, not only will she become a very dominate figure in future politics, she may in fact change the entire program...

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Sooo, she's a quitter. why is that scary?

She quit the office that had become a liabiltity to her and the State. IF real politictions had any real back bone like she has, we would all be better off.

She decided not to run for re election, and in not doing so would make her a "Lame Duck" as it is called. Yeah, she could sit there and draw a great paycheck for doing nothing, but she didn't and that is what makes her great.... Being honest!

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Sooo, she's a quitter. why is that scary?

I fear this will be the conventional wisdom. I hope not. She is refreshing to listen to, pretty darn easy on the eyes and stands for a great deal of things with which I agree.

I'm still on the fence about whether I consider her a quitter. I do wish she would have served out her term. It just plays out a lot better politically.

mak2

OK, wow. So she quit because the loony left said bad things about her. She was so what, upset, busy defending herself legally, crying, what, that she could not run a state with 15 or 20 people living in it. OK. The left is really scared now.

Trakternut

The trouble with what she did is this: Resigning during the course of an elected term is, almost always, political suicide. She faced being a lame duck as governor of Alaska, true enough, but, will the voters see a quitter in her as a potential presidential candidate? Will they put hopes and aspirations on her shoulders, then sit and wait for her to pull stakes.........again??

It's a real possibility that she's a lame duck of a different sort now. I hope not. I like her 'tude!

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
So far she's walked away from something like four different colleges, walked away from a position on a state resources board, and walked away from the governorship. Why would anyone expect her to walk away from some future position when things aren't going her way?

I see Palin differently from some of you. She does a great job of presenting her little speech but it's the only speech she knows. Get government out of our personal lives and jail anyone associated with an abortion, cut taxes and increase defense spending, reduce import of foreign oil and increase our dependence on the 2% of the world's oil that is within the US, all while reducing what an American pays for energy. Have I missed any of her key points?

These are all more-or-less reasonable positions to take, I don't have a problem with that. But look at her actual accomplishments in Alaska. A politician has to carry out some of his/her plans before that person can be considered a leader. I think there is almost nothing that she can take credit for accomplishing. When she lost everyone's support she walked off the stage. Before completing her first term! That's not a strong resume for a national leader.

If Palin has gone past even Limbaugh to become the conservative that all conservatives are afraid to contradict, I think the Democrats' majority is safe for a while. She offers 'should-be's, not a rational program to get us to where she thinks we ought to be. People want leaders, not more ungrounded theory.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Palin is a sheep, and being set up to be a pariah by her own party. She is a sacrificial lamb who's (metaphorical) blood is going to stain the altar of conservatism when she is (metaphorically) slaughtered.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
These are all more-or-less reasonable positions to take, I don't have a problem with that. But look at her(his) actual accomplishments in Alaska office. A politician has to carry out some of his/her plans before that person can be considered a leader. I think there is almost nothing that she can take credit for accomplishing. That's not a strong resume for a national leader.

Sounds a lot like Obama, Huh?:whistling:

I think Obama will be the democrats waterloo before it's over.......

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, wow. So she quit because the loony left said bad things about her. She was so what, upset, busy defending herself legally, crying, what, that she could not run a state with 15 or 20 people living in it. OK. The left is really scared now.

Or, looking at it a different way, she quit because the 'loony left' had made such a deal about her personal life, tied her up in court, disparaged her children that she could not help the state so by stepping down she unburdens the state and leaves it in the hands of her trusted next-in-line who has similar beliefs. The fact is that the loony left created so much trouble for the office of the governor because she was governor that her agenda could not proceed forward. Seeing this she was stonewalled and realized the agenda was more important than herself so she stepped down so others could carry on the agenda without the 'loony left' having a lightning rod to focus their attacks upon.

That said, it was a very shrewd move that will ultimately help her state.

Not sure if it will help her political career or hurt it. But it will help get her agenda proceed within the state.

I'm not sure she actually has what it takes to have a political career. But what she does have a future in is fund raising. While derided as a 'quitter' she is running strong in polls (dead heat with Romney & Huckabee) and she can pack auditoriums with supporters all around the country. Clearly the McCain camp hates this woman, they blame her for his inadequacies and his failures when she is the one who ignited his campaign, brought in the donations and made him competitive.

mak2

Something about this reminds me of Perot. I just have not read up on him lately and I dont remember back that far very clearly. Sounds very perotish (just made that up).

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't see much similarity at all. He was in the private sector, ran for office, and then ultimately decided to return to private life.

Palin seems to have no such desire to return to private life, she was and is a politician, she is remaining in the public sphere via working with political action committees, campaigning and fund raising.

So in what ways does this sound perotish because I don't see the parallels???

mak2

I should google before I type but it seems to me like he dropped out becasue the press was picking on one of his kids or something. And he was a little whacky, like Palin, he wasnt good looking but had the down home attitude you could not help but like. Then he went kinda nuts. Sorry if I am completely wrong about him. I dont remember last week very well.