• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why are you here?

BadAttitude

I can't help but wonder what the thoughts were of the individual that decided to use "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" as a welcome mat at the front door. Not that there's anything wrong with it :D

My very first impression was NICE!...a place for me at last ;)
Now that I've got a few weeks and almost a few hundred posts under my belt, I know I made a good choice. Especially since I can wear any of those hats with ease..."Class Act, Class Azz, or Class Razz" :whistle:
and in case no ones noticed...I'm NOT bashful either:tiphat:

But equally important is the fact that many of you have an abundance of knowledge to share and as the saying goes..."Knowledge is Power", that means alot. However...what puzzles me is what I believe is a vast difference in what 'troll' means to everyone. To me, it's someone who's looking for trouble. Deliberately causing hate and discontent. Arguing that something is black when it's really white. Claiming fact is fiction and would rather die and go to hell, then admit he's wrong. Yet it's been somewhat obvious to me that some here are offended by simple light hearted jokes. With the welcome mat as it is...shouldn't this type of behavior be expected?

So my question is...why are you all here?

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
So my question is...why are you all here? First because I was invited here, with that out of the way, second: I have friends here, third : I can speak my mind & I don't have to candy coat everything I say to be politically correct ! I can just be "Me". fourth: I feel there is a ever increasing knowledge sharing on this site by "real" people who aren't afraid to voice an opinion about a topic of which they have experience. Some of the most genuine & respected people from "that other site" are here because we can discuss lifes issues, ups, & downs with out censorship.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty Much for the same reasons a Tomlescoequip. That, and I just got back from reading a post by L brown on the TBN oil forums about sudt and premium udt . His post just said it all about where that forum is headed :) John

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I'm here because the powers to be at TBN told me to start my own forums if I wanted to discuss anything other than tractors. Then they banned me for doing just what was suggested. As for the rest of the people....... well, they just "followed the leader"..... :rofl1: :tiphat:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am here because I was invited here. There is no one over at the other place left except for a few that actually can post an intelligent post. I don't own a Kioti so I am not accepted by most over there and I am here right now at 1:30 am because I can't sleep. And I am somewhat upset because the way it looks I am the only one here and everyone else is sleeping like I should be.:mad:

murph

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Murph , I can't seem to sleep either . So I responded to Lbrown's post in like manner . Just couldn't resist it . John:cool:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I like junkmans avatar! And he invited me, and there are a lot of great posts here to laugh about, and at.

LarryRB

nixon said:
Murph , I can't seem to sleep either . So I responded to Lbrown's post in like manner . Just couldn't resist it . John:cool:

someone posted that Kubota uses the term,, super udt here,, premium udt in Canada.. Along comes richard cranium, aka lbrown, off topic and says, I was near Canada being in Detroit.... He definitely don't have both oars in the water,,, Nixon responded, brocolli doesn't taste like ice cream..

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
TOMLESCOEQUIP said:
So my question is...why are you all here? First because I was invited here, with that out of the way, second: I have friends here, third : I can speak my mind & I don't have to candy coat everything I say to be politically correct ! I can just be "Me". fourth: I feel there is a ever increasing knowledge sharing on this site by "real" people who aren't afraid to voice an opinion about a topic of which they have experience. Some of the most genuine & respected people from "that other site" are here because we can discuss lifes issues, ups, & downs with out censorship.

Tom . . . I can't say it any better than that.

Also I like the fact that we have a Politics/Debate forum here. In that forum there may be very few BLACK & WHITE answers but the beauty is we can discuss them without silly attacks (not to say we don't get silly over there sometimes because that is mostly what happens). There are opinions there that are based on life and upbringing and we do not agree, but we don't have to and that is a nice thing. And when we are done with our arguements we can go have a beer together because we are still friends.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I was wondering where all the cool people on the other board had gone. Bob stuck his head up and I asked him where he'd been. Once he told me, I just followed him home like a little lost puppy.

Just one more thing to do instead of real work.

JayC

Huh?
Well, I can't say much, if anything, that hasn't already been said. I, too, was invited here by Junk. This is a fun forum. I find myself having to watch myself on other forums now, because of the freedom here.:eek::D I actually like how this forum doesn't have a central theme like tractors, trucks, cars, boats, or anything in between. Here anything goes - and it does.:whistle::boobies: You're sure not gonna see that on any other forums.:a1::coolshade:alc:

Also, everyone that I knew since the old days of TBN have come here. TBN has become a "Land of the Noobs." Other than the odd, generic comment, I probably won't say much over there anymore. :fart2::drink:

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Ditto to most of the afore mentioned reasons. I noticed the absence of posts by people I used to pay particular attention to. I remember specifically someone asking where Okee Don was. I happened to be wondering that myself at the time. Some one (I don't remember who) mentioned this place and fortunately I got to read it before it got deleted...

Junk...I'm glad they told you where to go. I just wish they would tell everyone.....:rofl1:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Cowboyjg said:

Junk...I'm glad they told you where to go. I just wish they would tell everyone.....:rofl1:

I am happy that everyone is enjoying themselves.... As for "telling everyone", there are a few that I can live without, so with out mentioning names, LBrown59 is one of them..... :wave: :whistle: I fear that they could become very disruptive quickly, and that would be a bad thing. :eek:

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't worry Junk. I think we have the tools and ways to handle folks like LB. Our open communication would allow us to put any poster like LB in their place by simply calling them for what they are. If they don't take the hint, we show them the door.

I'm proud to say we have not had to take any such action so far. Sure hope that trend continues. :)

OkeeDon

cowboyjg said:
Some one (I don't remember who) mentioned this place and fortunately I got to read it before it got deleted...
That would have been Prendergast. Poor Prendergast; all he did was respond with the truth about what had happened to OkeeDon, and not only did the post get deleted, but Poor Prendergast got himself banned from replying to messages or sending PMs -- even though he only replied to 1 message and never sent a PM in his entire brief history over there.

I know all this because I'm close to Prendergast; one could say I've gotten attached to him.

cj7

I am here cause NIXON led the way. I did not really have any bad experiences over on TBN. I still go there some but I do not post often. I do not own a 'new' and 'in' machine so I can ot alwys realte to alot of the posts. I have also found going there is a bit like a NASCAR race (no offense if your a big fan) but I tend to fall alseep like I am watching a boring race.

Well I found this place to be fun so far. I nearly LMAO the fist couple of times I cam here. I love off the wall humor.

So I guess that is why I am here.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob Skurka, Dargo, Junkman, and a few others and I were running emails backforth for a while. I don't remember who it was, but someone mentioned the Junk started this, and to check it out. I did, and the rest is history, after I got banned from not only TaLiBan, but CrapByNitwit as well. I tried to get on horsesassby net, but I think I'm locked out there too.:rofl1: No loss to me!

I've enjoyed every minute of being able to say what I think, without a nastygram coming my way via a post or PM, or deletion. I really like the sense of humour on here, and where else could Mith [The wild Brit], and I amuse each other as well as others. Then there's my buddy dumbanddumber, AKA Hinnerhoomer. Wouldn't be able to do that anywhere else either.

I try not to be controversial, but sometimes you can't help it, and here, nobody cares.

Anybody gonna be in Michigan, or Northwest Ohio, let me know. Depending on the time of day, will denote what I'll buy to drink!!:coolshade :1062:

Now to answer "Why Are You Here", hell, I dunno, but I'm glad I am.:smileywac :beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Only kidding John,
Just needed to start things up again.

My reasons fall under what Tom and others said.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Only kidding John,
Just needed to start things up again.

My reasons fall under what Tom and others said.

AHHH, I took it as such!!:tiphat: :beer: :beer:

BadAttitude

Tom's answer:tiphat: is exactly what my thoughts are and it appears that the general consensus is about the same. I only hope that same sentiment continues well into the future. The 'freedom' that is allowed here is what's going to help this site grow. With that growth, there is bound to be a few bad apples that drop from the trees every now and then. I've seen reference to a couple already.

With that said, it poses another question...should there be some 'house rules', so to speak...that specifically addresses what is or what isn't acceptable here?

I'm not trying to suggest that rules are needed here(IMO...they're NOT!), but by the same token...the definition of "where anything goes" can be taken the wrong way by some. Suppose the day comes that an allout bikers fug fest(for lack of a better term) errupted and it turned real ugly! I've seen it happen btw!! Sure, Mods are here to jump in when needed(sometimes<BG>), but only so much can be done other than banning the instigators. Is that the only solution?

Your thoughts........?

Chief

Junkman said:
I'm here because the powers to be at TBN told me to start my own forums if I wanted to discuss anything other than tractors. Then they banned me for doing just what was suggested. As for the rest of the people....... well, they just "followed the leader"..... :rofl1: :tiphat:

Junk, I think you and I may be kindred spirits with respect to TBN. I had more than a few run ins with the "censors" (I refuse to call them moderators!) I later was asked to moderator on Tractor Forum. TF bit the dust for reasons that don't allow enough space to explain so I'll just leave it at that. Later on a group of the moderators from TF created My Tractor Forum and I moderated there until I could no longer go along with rules instituted there and could not continue to support how they were applied. Basically, I HATE a bunch of BS rules when common sense & common courtesy are all that is required. ABOVE ALL, whatever is applied gets applied to EVERYONE EXACTLY the SAME. A characteristic sorely lacking on TBN. I post a good bit on Tractor Point and find TP to be a very enjoyable and informative place; LOTS of good folks there. Although I am sad to say that I learned that there is one less. Some of you may know wildman1. He passed away on Dec. 10th from complications from brain cancer. :( God rest his soul.

Anyhow, I got an invite to come here and this is an atmosphere that I have always been most comfortable in and enjoyed. NO RULES! :boobies: :1062: :2gunsfiri :beer: Just common sense & common courtesy. Glad to be here! :wave: Glad to be for that matter!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
NO RULES!

I think we had rules somewhere. But no one paid attention to them so they got ditched :D