• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

California Gold Snow Cat Rally!

S-noWonder

We would like to invite you to the first ever California Gold Snowcat Rally February 2nd to the 5th. Our venue is located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains, just north of the small mountain town of Foresthill. Our host lodge is located on a piece of private land surrounded by National Forest. We have 40+ miles of groomed trails and 100’s of miles of back country just waiting for you to put under your tracks.
We will be featuring a couple of excursions to some key areas, along with a bon fire and night run. You can of course take a map and blaze your own trail. The views are extraordinary and the lodge is very charming.
We are set up so you can park at China Wall sno park, unload your cat, drive to the lodge and you are done! Just get up in the morning and enjoy some of the prettiest property and views California has to offer.
Christmas Tree Vineyard Lodge offers 6 charming rooms (some can accommodate up to 3 adults), and meals, plus a place to park your cat. Joe even has snowmobiles for rent if you want a faster trek to where you are headed. The lodge does not furnish “adult drinks” so you will have to bring your own.
Give Joe a call for more information at (530) 906-7566. We kindly ask you book your room by December 15th so we can figure out the best way to accommodate you on this excursion. Don’t worry if you are unable to bring your own Cat, we have a few folks that would love to take you up the mountain and show you around.
Email LogLodge1@gmail.com
OR call Joe at 530 906-7566 to make reservations.

Attachments

• gold snow cat rally 1.jpg
    gold snow cat rally 1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 829
  • Gold snow cat rally 2.JPG
    Gold snow cat rally 2.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 840
  • Gold snow cat rally 3.jpg
    Gold snow cat rally 3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 845
  • gold snow cat rally 4.jpg
    gold snow cat rally 4.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 829

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
wonderful to see a sno-cat jamboree in California,

I do have a question, are you limiting your event just to those that stay at the Lodge, or is there other places to stay close by and be able to join in the fun?

guessing if it's limited to just those staying at the lodge, might be good idea to get a reservation NOW...

again, great to have a California sno-cat event

thank you

Last edited:

S-noWonder

Hey! Thanks for asking. The closest town for extra lodging is Auburn, CA. It's about 30 miles of an easy drive to get to the snow park. We have all the typical motels, Best Western, Holiday Inn and the like. The lodge has plenty of parking for the extra Cats should folks want to leave them there and we can ferry folks to and from the parking lot. (It's about a mile away from the sno park to the lodge). The lodge will also offer meals to those that are staying elsewhere and want to stay and spend more time with friends.

S-noWonder

Hey Whipper, The trails are perfect for a maiden voyage! You can go as easy or as daring as you like. The maps are great and most of the groomed trails are marked.

S-noWonder

Hey Pontoon Princess, I just heard that there are still rooms available. Joe had to block off the dates so other people wouldn't book those days and they would remain open for the Snow Cat folks. To book the rooms just call Joe, as the web site does look like the rooms are all booked. Joe's number is 530 906-7566. Sorry for the confusion!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mr. NoWonder,
Can I attend even if my Tucker does not have a shiny paint job like yours? So for you died in the wool Sno-Cat fanatics, this is a 900 series Tucker with a small block Chev engine. That should be worth the trip right there.

Last edited:

S-noWonder

Mr. NoWonder,
Can I attend even if my Tucker does not have a shiny paint job like yours? So for you died in the wool Sno-Cat fanatics, this is a 900 series Tucker with a small block Chev engine. That should be worth the trip right there.

Hey Sno-drifter, good news! I checked the rules and shiny isn't required! lol

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Decided today to attend the Calif. Gold Rally,so took the drive up the mountain to where the event will be held. Just a dusting of snow so far,enough to make it seem like winter is here. I'm just going to leave my cat there during the Rally,and make the 45 minute drive daily(I have animals to feed). Hope to see a lot of you there,and I know you won't be disappointed with the amazing terrain.

Tahitikev

Hello. Well this looks like fun I hope there will be enough snow. Seems like it all follower that high pressure ridge and went to the east coast... we’re newbies here. There’s still two rooms available so unless someone snaps them up tomorrow I think we will take one. : -)

Thanks,
-Kev

S-noWonder

Doing my snow dance now! lol We do tend to get ours a little later than most folks. The outlook is looking pretty good. :) I will post pics as it gets a little closer.

S-noWonder

I am sorry to say that the snow gods have not been kind to us. We have had warm rain the past few days and no snow. Joe would like to reschedule should that change, but for now we have to cancel our February dates.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has cause.

If anything changes I will let you know.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I am sorry to say that the snow gods have not been kind to us. We have had warm rain the past few days and no snow. Joe would like to reschedule should that change, but for now we have to cancel our February dates.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has cause.

If anything changes I will let you know.

for me, i am sorry the sno gods have not been kind, hope you are able to reschedule and I will be there...

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi S-noWonder. Have you thought about an other date for the event? Schedules fill up and lead time is helpful. If you have to cancel again that would be OK. This is Trump's fault for global warming.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Sad news ! Due to lack of enough snow,the Calif. Snow Cat Rally has been canceled. The lodge owner asked me to spread the news. Was just up there, very sad to see how little snow pack we have. Maybe better luck next year.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Crazy weather everywhere. It was 77 here this time yesterday, now looking out at it snowing.

bobby wilkes

My cat is on the trailer !!! Give us snow!!! Plans for jeep wheeling tomorrow! If we get enough snow I will release the snow cat !! LOL

j farm

GOLD Site Supporter
The snow is melting off my trailer from Mccall looks like we are finally going to get some here in nor cal tonight