• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

EMP Attack!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been maintaining for years this is the real threat from NOKO. I am hardly an expert, but I am somewhat familiar with the vulnerability of our electrical grid and sub stations from an EMP attack having worked on them for many years off and on.

The media does not want to talk about it, but if Rocket Man decides to try something, many people feel this is the way he will do it. Without sounding like an alarmist, this is really scary stuff, or certainly has the potential to be. I am not losing sleep over it, but I feel the threat is very real.

There is an awesome book about this titled One Second After by William Forstchen. The book, while a work of fiction, is based on a CIA analysis. I still have the ePub file given to me from a forum member here a number of years ago that I will pass on to anyone so interested. I consider the book a must read. Just PM me your email and I will send it along.

https://futurism.com/congressional-report-a-north-korean-emp-attack-would-kill-90-of-all-americans/

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
That's a good point. They don't need to physically bomb us to kill us.
Therefore the response to this shouldn't be conventional force. We need to train people in computer programing to take THEIR systems out first.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I finally am reading One Second After by William Forstchen.

WARNING THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS

I disagree with a couple of things that he has the townspeople (who are the protagonists) doing.
1) The whole way he is treating the refugee situation makes no sense. I don't really understand how he has the towns people funnel them through the (two) towns. Even though the towns are supposed to be in some kind of rift or steep valley type thing wouldn't the refugees be coming in through both directions? Wouldn't more of them be coming in through the adjoining woods (and not just by road) ?
Well into the story refugees keep coming through. I would think they would have starved, spread out elsewhere etc. I would also think that the townspeople would have built a better barricade. Scrounged barbwire etc. And just open fire on refugees. Pretty soon word would spread and there wouldn't be hundreds trying to enter the towns.
2) If they are getting so desperate that they are eating dogs, letting people without needed skills starve and secretly grinding sawdust in with flour and eating dogs they would be.
A) Going from house to house confiscating food.
B) Turning to cannibalism.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not too worried I live in the bush IE low value target and my truck being military surplus is also emp proof.