• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

kiddo gives; remembers his Dad

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
brings a tear to my eye that could have been my kid. he was lucky I was able to dodge harm and come home in one piece. I remind the family when I say I'm going to do something I do. the reality is I came home because I was lucky not because I was super soldier.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

Thanks!

brings a tear to my eye that could have been my kid. he was lucky I was able to dodge harm and come home in one piece. I remind the family when I say I'm going to do something I do. the reality is I came home because I was lucky not because I was super soldier.

Amen, brother! :clap: That pretty much applies to all of us who made it home outside a body bag.

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Thank you for this WONDERFUL post. I'm here because others are not. I would be lying if I said that brought a tear to my eye. My heart burst with compassion for that young man and his family. My throat swelled with emotion and pride. Sometimes I forget/don't want to remember why I served. Yet, I would do so again if asked or needed. SO MANY people forget that not only the soldier/airman/marine/coastie give all, their families give a tremendous amount also!! I really hope the LTC appreciates the HUGE gift of love and admiration that young man shared with him. He appears to. "All gave some, some gave ALL" Thanks again for the post.

God bless and keep you,
Tony

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm glad that yinz appreciated that post. sure does make u experience both sadness, yet gratitude.