• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OC-15 differential

camp_corrupt

OKay, after a few attempts to fix my steering issue I've decided to crack the differential and take a look and see about getting my breaks relined. I found an old timer in Anchorage that has done the work before. However I have to remove the parts and bring them into his shop. I've been told it's relatively easy.

Before i get started, does anyone have any advice? I've been looking for good diagrams, and pictures, but I haven't found many clear answers. What steps need to be taken and what do I need to watch out for etc.?

Thanks in Advance!

camp

weatherby

I'm pretty sure there is no way to get the brake bands out without removing the oc-15 rear end from the frame. Because of that cross bar over the top of the opening, you are not able to lift the gear housing out to in-turn remove the brake bands.

If you have more questions I will be more than happy to help talk you through it.

Attachments

• 005 (14).JPG
    005 (14).JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 624

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
pattson parts and equipment should be able to do it for you there in anchorage although brad at mn outdoors has some cool exotic materials

camp_corrupt

pattson parts and equipment should be able to do it for you there in anchorage although brad at mn outdoors has some cool exotic materials

Spoke to Pattson, he's going to be relining them for me. Bill English turned me on to him. Realizing how small the world of tracked rigs actually is!

camp_corrupt

I'm pretty sure there is no way to get the brake bands out without removing the oc-15 rear end from the frame. Because of that cross bar over the top of the opening, you are not able to lift the gear housing out to in-turn remove the brake bands.

If you have more questions I will be more than happy to help talk you through it.

Luckily I dont believe I have that cross bar on my machine. it's in Wasilla and I'm in Anchorage...need a day off in order to get out there and check it out.

From your photo it looks relatively straight forward...looks can be deceiving.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i don't think nodwells have a bar there you should be fine that looks like one of the rigs that were put together out at the sawmill off old seward international airport. forget what the old guys name was he worked with otters nodwells and thiokols quite a bit in the early 90's i've delt with rod and his brother wayne over at pattson for years back when the hobby was military vehicles i still have an m37 and weasel up on the hill side gave teh weasel to the guy keeping the stuff but need to chain saw the m37 out of the trees and get it shipped up here finish the restoration some day