• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SOLD!!! --- WTS 1969 thiokol spryte 1201b --- SOLD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS ITEM IS SOLD

1969 1201b wt with 45 inch tracks, vin number 1222, i had the 200 ford six rebuilt in the spring of 2010, new clutch , 4 speed manual and master and slave cylinders for the clutch, new steering slave cylinders, new brake bands last year, oc-12 with drop boxes, many new wheelbearings and seals, 5 new tires, tracks are weather cracked but no splices or chunks missing.....located in northern minnesota....here are some pics i have more if you want more......asking $12,000

THIS ITEM IS SOLD

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/djhalvorson/

Re: WTS 1969 thiokol spryte 1201b

Located in northern minnesota (Roseau) 3200 hrs (15hrs on engine rebuild), no leaks, runs perfect, starts right up, durning summer months its stored in doors...this is my icefishing machine...i have a users manual and the orginal build sheet and extra bushings for the torsion axels...if you have anymore questions email me ..

daniel557@centurytel.net

thanks

Dan I hope you don't mind if I post these up. We spotted upnorth out on the ice this past weekend pulling his ice fishing house.

dansrig1.jpg

dansrig2.jpg

thanks for posting them!!!! it was intresting pulling it on the bare ice, but it pulled it easy...i really had to plan the turns and not turn to fast...just about lost it once :whistling:

the spryte has 2600 hrs not 3200...now northerndave sold his we got snow on monday :yum:...finally get to use it again:biggrin:

We lost our snow in 2 days and had to go pick up the spryte off the lake before the water got to deep....just about time to service and put back into storage....:cry:

DSCF6857.jpg

yes its forsale yet..it sitting in the shed in storage right now....what do you mean regular service for the year??

XTREEEM

Hi, sorry for the dumb questions.............new to this game. Can the tracks be cut down to keep the unit to 96" of total width without sacrificing performance in or on top of snow? Concerned about hauling legally without permits. Also could you please estimate length and overall weight? Thank you, Jerry.:smile:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Cutting down the track might not be a good idea. It would affect the performance on snow, and the grousers would have to be cut down, again not a good idea, if you have to find replacements some day....Wide load plackards would be sufficent in most states for moving it. It probably weighs in around 7,500 lbs. or so...

Regards, Kirk

yah what he said lol i haul it down the road without permets i just tie red flags on the tracks, for the length i can go and measure it tonight

the old trucker

I would check with the state laws first to see exactly what you can & can not do. Maybe they issue yearly oversize permits for a reasonable fee. I know your allowed 102" wide everywhere. Your tracks alone take up 90".

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

And if you are only going to camp one time, detrack it and go.

Once you do the tracks once you can put them on in about an hour or less.

Just sayin

Mike

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

i don't think the price is too outlandish kind of suprised that it has not sold yet

i have a local guy thats pretty interested....had a few tire kickers....its a nice rig that ready to go.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

If I didn't have a Snow Trac I might have bought it by now. The only draw back I see is the width on some trails around here, and maybe it would work. Nice unit for sure, and priced right IMHO.

Winter is comming, time to buy!

Regards, Kirk

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter

i have a local guy thats pretty interested....had a few tire kickers....its a nice rig that ready to go.

I realize you're in Minnesota, but there's a decent sized used snowcat market in Utah. I think many people here in the west would consider the wide tracks a plus.

We're entering prime selling season, have you considered listing it on KSL.com?

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter

I've bought much more on KSL than I've sold, and sometimes listing stuff for sale has been a bit cumbersome. That said, I've always thought it's because I'm pretty clumsy using a computer.

I honestly do think if you persevere with KSL you'll get your Thiokol listed.

Best of luck...

SJSC

Do you just have the one bench seat behind the drivers area ? What is the inside dimensions of the entire rear cab ? What is a good cuising speed for that machine on hardpacked snowroads ? I am looking for a machine that I can move 12 passengers plus driver for 6 to 8 miles each morning and return them in the evening.

Thanks

cruising speed about 11-12 mph. and yes only one bench set., but there is room to put more..ill get the dimensions tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.