• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1967 thiokol imp

echo 8

yep we got a new project....imp runs mint needs one track re-belted and a little paint and body....cheap....cheap....cheap

Attachments

• 5-1-10 105.jpg
    5-1-10 105.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,112

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
in the small cat class i hear those imp's are the next best thing to a snow trac and probaly better whe running on hardground it may look rough but it's got a lot of potential would love to get one my self.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
no worries they fix up nicely easy cat to work on here are a couple pictures of one that we got in pieces came out nicely

new tracks ,new cleats,complete rebuilt differential with new ring and pinion
new rear deck, four new filled tires,new seats

Attachments

• DSCF0542.jpg
    DSCF0542.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,103
  • DSCF0540.jpg
    DSCF0540.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,086
  • DSCF0547.jpg
    DSCF0547.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,114
  • DSCF0545.jpg
    DSCF0545.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,114
  • DSCF0544.jpg
    DSCF0544.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,096

Lia

Banned
no worries they fix up nicely easy cat to work on here are a couple pictures of one that we got in pieces came out nicely

new tracks ,new cleats,complete rebuilt differential with new ring and pinion
new rear deck, four new filled tires,new seats

So cute! I love this one! :wub:

echo 8

THANKS for posting the restored pics.we have a body man that will turn this into a gem.mechanicals are sound.mostly sat for long time.no hour meter though.cant wait to try this thing out next winter.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
boggie how do those little imp's compare to the snow trac /master as far as the ability to pull weight speed and ride quality.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
boggie how do those little imp's compare to the snow trac /master as far as the ability to pull weight speed and ride quality.

You know I have driven both but not used either in a pull situation I would say the ride is about the same but the noise is less in the Imp speed is about the same in moderate snow and trial conditions in deeper snow the Imp will get you there but you will have to gear down. The super imp with a little more HP does better and the auto. I really like the Super Imp as a transport cat. good flotation for the deeper stuff. but if you are running trails the Imp does good. you just end up shifting more.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i only ask because i may know where there is one in un known shape on the lower yukon.wouldnt mind getting it if the price is right and i can work the shipping logistics. my understanding is it broke down and nobody knew how to fix it knowing that usualy means they ran it out of oil any other engines that can be shoe horned in to one a=or are you stuck with the little v-4

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
i only ask because i may know where there is one in un known shape on the lower yukon.wouldnt mind getting it if the price is right and i can work the shipping logistics. my understanding is it broke down and nobody knew how to fix it knowing that usualy means they ran it out of oil any other engines that can be shoe horned in to one a=or are you stuck with the little v-4

Don, that V-4 is a short one, but with mods. you should be able to fix a different power plant in. there is lots of drive shaft to shorten. you would most likely have to change the engine cover as it is now it gets close to the cover with the V-4. a small inline 4 would fit. automatic would be nice

echo 8

Well were almost imp'in check it out.

Attachments

• imp rebuild 004.jpg
    imp rebuild 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 852
  • imp rebuild 008.jpg
    imp rebuild 008.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 849
  • imp rebuild 002.jpg
    imp rebuild 002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 853
  • imp rebuild 005.jpg
    imp rebuild 005.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 860
  • imp rebuild 007.jpg
    imp rebuild 007.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 851

e2spear

Nice job on the bed Echo. A friend of mine just bought one and I would like to stop in to see your and compare notes. We are in Lewiston, let me know.

echo 8

did he buy an imp? there was a black one on rt 4 in turner a couple of weeks ago for 6000$ in decent shape .this one has a slight engine tick at higher rpms still goes great.cant get stuck as of yet .the bed is 1in pallet mill stock

Woody_1

Hey Boogie, Hi I talked to you not long ago about an Imp. I'm in Fairbanks remember? I want to let you know I found one in Salt Lake. I am heading there soon to arrange transpo to here. How's Gizmo doing? That's a nice unit. Good to see a couple more shots of the diamond decker too! Thanks for the phone time with you. Here are some pics. Looking forward to the forum here.

Attachments

• 4232263.jpg
    4232263.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 670
  • 4232234.jpg
    4232234.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 655
  • 4232276.jpg
    4232276.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 652
  • 4232304.jpg
    4232304.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 634
  • 4232316.jpg
    4232316.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 636
  • 4232343.jpg
    4232343.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 640

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
That is the cleanest Imp I've ever seen. I'm not an Imp guy but very tempting! Very, very nice!

Woody_1

E2spear, I see there is a visor on the machine in your mugshot photo. Did you make it? I'd like to see a better pic of that Mochine. :letitsnow:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Boogie, Hi I talked to you not long ago about an Imp. I'm in Fairbanks remember? I want to let you know I found one in Salt Lake. I am heading there soon to arrange transpo to here. How's Gizmo doing? That's a nice unit. Good to see a couple more shots of the diamond decker too! Thanks for the phone time with you. Here are some pics. Looking forward to the forum here.

looks like you did just fine, are the cleats steel or aluminum?

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I am looking to replace my front tires which have the Bear cat 14X6 Do you know of a soultion short of replacing the wheels ?:whistling:

Attachments

• iron goat 012.jpg
    iron goat 012.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 284
  • iron goat 011.JPG
    iron goat 011.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 283

Woody_1

I am looking to replace my front tires which have the Bear cat 14X6 Do you know of a soultion short of replacing the wheels ?:whistling:
From what I understand, you can't get those tires anymore. My front idler tires are good but one of the wheel bolt holes are wearing out. The wheels are cheap metal anyway. I thought mine where ok and where going to run them till I found it. Now it's bite the bullet and get some aluminum front idlers.:beatdeadhorse5:

ray green

If you are operating in soft snow the al grousers will be ok. In the east on the artificial snow they experienced metal fatige at about 1200 hours and snap. they also break the tire guides which then shred your tires.If they start to break make shure that none of the other tire guides have been scored as well.
Ray