• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

At the Cabin for the weekend

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Got to go out to the cabin this last week. Friend flew me out in his float plane, since the fires burnt all around the lake and the fire service did backfires to keep the cabins safe, it was an eerie quiet all over the place. No Ravens, was the oddest thing. Moose were mostly gone, they headed South into Denali National Park ahead of the burn.

There was an abnormal amount of Grizzly Bears around the place though. Had a few of them stalking us, but never got into "Rug" range though, but they were definitely following us.

Got some work done on the runway, there was a couple of frost heaves I got to take out and make it for a smoother landing. Was a good way to spend a few days.

starlite9-369296-albums-alaska-photos-pic41517-mt-mckinley-accross-lake-cabin.jpg

North view of Mt. McKinley and the float plane from the cabin property

starlite9-369296-albums-alaska-photos-pic41518-bear-scat-grizzle-tracking-us-around.jpg

Bear Scat from the Grizzly following us

starlite9-369296-albums-alaska-photos-pic41519-grizzly-bear-tracks-cabin-site-lake.jpg

Bear Tracks heading to another cabin

starlite9-369296-albums-alaska-photos-pic41520-bear-paw-prints-where-they-were.jpg

Fuel drum with paw prints on it where they were rolling my fuel drums around playing with them

starlite9-369296-albums-alaska-photos-pic41521-view-cabin-runway-after-doing-some.jpg

View of the cabin and runway while leaving, with the burnt ground to the North from the summer's fire.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:D
Nice pictures Mark.
I hope you are feeling well sweety.
I liked the recent polar bear shots you sent me too.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Hoped to have been out there with ya by now, but looks like they're sending me north of Squarebanks instead. :sad:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
If not, why go? :snow2_smi:

Well sold my Imp, would like to find a nice Tucker with the four tracks, they ride a lot nicer and faster than the Imp on the long trip and are much warmer than the snowmachines.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Normally it can be in the -50 for weeks in the dead of winter or colder, normally we won't go if colder than -20, but prefer at least zero....
I can't even imagine being in a climate that cold, even though it can get pretty darned cold here in Ohio during the winters, as I am sure you already know.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been about about 25yrs since I was last there (and by Huey), but I think it was less than 30miles north?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
It's been about about 25yrs since I was last there (and by Huey), but I think it was less than 30miles north?

Whoa, Huey? That is classy... Otherwise it is about a fourty min drive to Fairbanks... depending on the weather.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Not so classy being olive drab, but I was hanging out on the gunners belt! :thumb:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Not so classy being olive drab, but I was hanging out on the gunners belt! :thumb:

Try hanging out of a Krusty Kritter at some ten knots and you would get slapped with a bunch of branches at best.... Gunner's seat on the Huey wins hands down!