• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pics of '69 Spryte 1201B project

69Spryte

Here are the pics of the '69 Spryte in South Lake Tahoe I have been working on for the owner. Right now it has a leaky C4 automatic trans. (custom conversion). Of course the OC12 rear end (servicing that next week).

Seems like when I was changing that darn oil filter, I must have knocked off the vacuum line that goes to the base of the carb (1/2" hose--manifold vacuum). of course it started running like crap so I plugged it. Where is it supposed to go?

3221371756_e1223d803e.jpg

3220522399_13f9aa56fb.jpg

3220522665_bf147d14b5.jpg

69Spryte

distributor...advance

the dizzy signal is that little bitty hose that goes to the "ported" vacuum signal. . .

This is a large hose from the carb base. 1/2" and I can't see anything it might hookup to , maybe I just need a brighter work light.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Normally there should be two hoses off the carb. One that maybe go into a tee for the vacuum advance and or the PCV as stated by Snowcat Pat and another seperate one for the transmission shift modulator. If I remember correctly the shift modulator line is about 1/2 inch OD. The shift mod line normally connects to a steel tube that goes down to the transmission and goes back to a flexible line at the modulator. With the conversion things maybe different as the carb on that engine probably never had the shift mod hose line setup but maybe it was just plugged off?????

69Spryte

mtntopper I think you might be right.

the PCV is vented to the air. normally I would think it could go to the intake manifold. not here.

I just need to find this vac mod line from the trans.