• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Veteran's Day Salute

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
In the attached picture is 1LT Andrew Tsimpedes. He is 92 years young and actually rode a horse when he was in the Cavalry in 1936. At the Veteran's Day parade in Birmingham Alabama I assist with the equine division of the parade. I met LT Tsimpedes around 2003 and he rode his horse in the parade. He rode each year until 2007. He is as sharp as ever but his body isn't as strong as it used to be so he started riding in a convertible. I met his son this weekend for the first time as he was recently assigned to my Guard unit. His son is in his 30's.

Attachments

• Tsimpedes.jpg
    Tsimpedes.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 70

Cityboy

Banned
In the attached picture is 1LT Andrew Tsimpedes. He is 92 years young and actually rode a horse when he was in the Cavalry in 1936. At the Veteran's Day parade in Birmingham Alabama I assist with the equine division of the parade. I met LT Tsimpedes around 2003 and he rode his horse in the parade. He rode each year until 2007. He is as sharp as ever but his body isn't as strong as it used to be so he started riding in a convertible. I met his son this weekend for the first time as he was recently assigned to my Guard unit. His son is in his 30's.

This 92 YO Vet has a son in his 30's?

Brents, please tell this man that he is a GOD and that this 44 YO x-Marine would be honored to scoop his horses poop! :notworthy

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
If his son is not in his 30's, then he may be, just may be an extremely young early 40's something. But yes 92 year old LT Andrew Tsimpedes has a 30 something year old son.

k-dog

I had the honor to meet Frank Buckles a few months back. He actually only lives a few miles from me. He is the only living WWI veteran. He is 107 years old and entered the service at the age of 15. He moves around it a wheel chair but he can stand up to get in a car and things like that.

Could you imagine the conversation between 1LT Andrew Tsimpedes and Mr. Buckles. They would talk about things that happened and we would be clueless.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I watched a video of a man in his 100s that is the last WWI survivor. God bless the guy! The men that served in WWI and WWII are such fantastic people!!! Im not counting out any other folks from other wars. But those two wars were a DIRECT threat to America. If we lost those, we lost the USA.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
A piece of information that I was given by my 'learned friend' is that there are three old men who are the last survivors of WW1 in Europe and laid wreaths at the Cenotaph in London.

The oldest is Henry Allingham, who is 112 and as a 19 year old naval air mechanic, fought in the Battle of Jutland. He went on to be a founding member of the R A F.

Henry Patch, at 110 is the last British soldier alive to have fought in the trenches of the Great War. He never talked about it until he was 100.

William Stone is the youngest at 108. He was in the Royal Navy and served in WW1 and WW2. His family considered that Someone was watching over them as his four uncles and three brothers also survived two World Wars.

She goes on to say that there is another one somewhere, she suggests that he may be in Australia, but perhaps he is the gentleman mentioned earlier in these posts.