• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new show - "Howe & Howe Tech"

mtmogs

Great new show on Discovery *right now* Tues. 10 PM EST. These are the guys that designed and built the Ripsaw, fastest tracked vehicle in the world...they're working in it on this episode..

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I watched last night. I was very disappointed. Just like all the other "reality" shows on the Discovery/Science channels -- Family members hollering at one another. Nothing technical. All "drama".

Food network is the same. Yelling in the kitchen show. I'm sick of that crap.

American Chopper started that genre-- and I'd love to see it go away. If I want to experience families hollering at one another, I'd turn off the TV. :yum:

mtmogs

Yeah, it's too bad. I guess the producers feel that it's necessary to have a human drama to have broad appeal. It's a shame though. It could be so interesting to have a show that just focused on engineering and fabrication. Isn't that interesting enough? Great comment about families hollering at one another!

I watched last night. I was very disappointed. Just like all the other "reality" shows on the Discovery/Science channels -- Family members hollering at one another. Nothing technical. All "drama".

Food network is the same. Yelling in the kitchen show. I'm sick of that crap.

American Chopper started that genre-- and I'd love to see it go away. If I want to experience families hollering at one another, I'd turn off the TV. :yum:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I watched part of it and, like some others, became bored with it and changed the channel. Interestingly enough, my next door neighbor has had a tracked vehicle for at least 10 years that would likely give their claim of the fastest tracked vehicle a challenge! It was a purpose built vehicle for a utility company based on a tube frame chassis but using tracks and a 454ci Chevy engine. The utility company sold it because their employees were getting too wild with it. It may not have 700 hp like Howe and Howe claim, but it's smaller and lighter. They banned him from using it at local mud drags. He'd cross the finish line when other trucks and buggies were just getting off the line by a vehicle length or two. I haven't heard it roaring around lately now that I think about it. I wonder if he broke it or sold it?