• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Look at this bad boy .......

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
........... Made the move to a new 180 gallon aquarium to consolidate my 90 and the wife's 40. I knew I had 2 big crabs in my tank, I caught glimpses of them at night and they were decimating my cleaner crews (snails and small crabs). Not sure if it's a wolf or black tip but this guy was 3" across (very large for a reef aquarium). In the filter sump now. The bad thing is I know there is one bigger in the rock (I looked in every rock I moved too) and he's not the same species. I'm gonna have to try baiting.

Link to aquarium pics ............. http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showpost.php?p=494157&postcount=94

Attachments

• crab 2.jpg
    crab 2.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 232

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Very cool looking crab. I used to raise & breed African cichlids for fun and profit (Sold to pet stores). The profit was just enough to offset the costs of everything involved in the care and maintenance of 20 tanks. It was fun for a lot of years, but I got out when the hobby began to slow down in my area, and my customers were closing their doors.

My nephew has been into salt for about 10 years now, and has some beautiful setups. Be sure to post the finished product when the moving van is gone and you're settled in.:brows:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
........... Made the move to a new 180 gallon aquarium to consolidate my 90 and the wife's 40. I knew I had 2 big crabs in my tank, I caught glimpses of them at night and they were decimating my cleaner crews (snails and small crabs). Not sure if it's a wolf or black tip but this guy was 3" across (very large for a reef aquarium). In the filter sump now. The bad thing is I know there is one bigger in the rock (I looked in every rock I moved too) and he's not the same species. I'm gonna have to try baiting.

Link to aquarium pics ............. http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showpost.php?p=494157&postcount=94

When you start raising lobsters let me know......:yum:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Is that FUR on that thing?

Great pics in the link, btw. Here's a interesting monster who must've kicked some conch butt:

Attachments

• IMG_2519c.jpg
    IMG_2519c.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 227

Kane

Seems to me that if you want to keep your cleaner crew alive, you'll need to feed mister crab something else. Since they're scavengers, can you just throw him a piece of meat or a dead minnie every day or so?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to me that if you want to keep your cleaner crew alive, you'll need to feed mister crab something else. Since they're scavengers, can you just throw him a piece of meat or a dead minnie every day or so?

He's in the filter sump refugium now where he'll do fine and more good than bad .............