• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OC 12 HP Rating and Van conversion

Utah Cabin Cats

:unsure:Ok here is a few questions.

What is the max torque and HP that a OC 12 can take.

I have a 69 spryte that is trashed to say the least. I have an idea but i'm looking for input. I have a newer passenger van that has a Chevy 350 MPI motor with a turbo 700 auto transmission in it. I am thinking of pulling all of the suspension out and mount the van frame and all to my existing cat frame.

Other than my steering arms, that can be modified to fit in where the steering wheel is in the van, and drive line mounting, could it be red-neck enough to work?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Adding a picture

Attachments

• T2Trackvan.jpg
    T2Trackvan.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 370

Snowcat Pat

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that most model 3700 groomers are hydrostatic drive and not equipped with the OC-12. I have seen/worked on some model 2100C groomers that had 390 cu. in. Ford V8/C6 auto and used the OC-12 with 5.44 R&P.

-Pat

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Whoops ! I didn't think of hydrostatics !!

...Well ... I got the part about the van body right :biggrin: