• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish but I still have stuff to do outside but it's not easy. This morning it was in the low 80s with 95% humidity. It warmed up to 90°F plus and it was nasty out there.

I’ve moved to town. No horses, no fence to fix, no hay, no mowing, etc . . . :thumbup:

There’s things that need done outside but I can do them when I want. No body or animal is waiting on me.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I’ve moved to town. No horses, no fence to fix, no hay, no mowing, etc . . . :thumbup:

There’s things that need done outside but I can do them when I want. No body or animal is waiting on me.

I told my wife yesterday when I came back inside soaking wet that I'm a couple of years away from moving to town. I'm just not the stud that I used to be. I can only put in 3 or 4 hours these days and then I'm knackered and sore. That is barely enough to keep the place up but 8 or 10 hour days are a thing of the past. So, I'll be joining you in the city soon.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I told my wife yesterday when I came back inside soaking wet that I'm a couple of years away from moving to town. I'm just not the stud that I used to be. I can only put in 3 or 4 hours these days and then I'm knackered and sore. That is barely enough to keep the place up but 8 or 10 hour days are a thing of the past. So, I'll be joining you in the city soon.

I have a spare bedroom. :bolt:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I could never wrap my head around having a grass yard.
So much work, time, and money involved in maintaing and growing something you can't eat or smoke.:bolt:

Lot of the work was keeping the weeds out of the pastures and the orchard grass growing so the horses had something to nibble on.

I agree about lawns. If it wasn’t for my wife I would have paved the lawn with green tinted concrete.

Bannedjoe

Lot of the work was keeping the weeds out of the pastures and the orchard grass growing so the horses had something to nibble on.

I agree about lawns. If it wasn’t for my wife I would have paved the lawn with green tinted concrete.
Definitely a big difference between farming and lawns, farming I understand farming..

I spent some time in KY, and couldn't believe some of the yards in the rural areas.

I'm talking about front yards that were many acres.

I think some of these folks had a riding mower for every member of the family.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm talking about front yards that were many acres.

I think some of these folks had a riding mower for every member of the family.

Welcome to my house. The yard is about 4 acres and, because it's so damned rough in places, you have to go fairly slow. It takes almost 4 hours to mow and when it's a 100°+, it's a long 4 hours. These days I use a Kubota diesel front mount mower with a 60" deck. I wish that I'd got the 72" deck but at that time there were a bunch of trees planted close to fences that I had to get between.

Actually, I kind of like yard mowing, always have. I find it peaceful and relaxing and I love to look at it after I've finished while I'm sitting in the shade sipping on a beer. What I hate is trimming hedges and I've got to do it next week sometime. I wish that I could take a chain saw to them all but the wife won't let me but every opportunity that I get they get yanked out of there.

Oh! My wife has a John Deere riding mower too. It takes almost 8 hours to cut the lawn using that. That reminds me. I need to dig it out, dust it off and check the fluids. It doesn't get used very often.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Something occurred to me while I was writing my last post.

While I was mowing yesterday, it was 92°F and really high humidity. It's supposed to get to the mid 90s next week. The last time it was this hot, this early, was the year we had 60+ consecutive days of over 100° temperatures all through July and August. I don't think that I'm ready to handle that again. In fact I didn't handle it last time. We loaded the RV and headed to Colorado and northern New Mexico but to be honest, it wasn't THAT much cooler there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Pouring rain and plus 7 celcius. Windy. Bleh!

Looking ahead isn't much better. Cold rain for a couple days.
664d7809eb235eac9565fd384176fcc1.jpg
bd862435a440d7531f65a604e02ef6b8.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What a difference a day makes. Woke up to 60°F temperatures this morning. It was almost cold. :wink: The high humidity is gone too. It's supposed to warm up to the low to mid eighties. Absolutely beautiful. Somehow I don't think it will last long.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What a difference a day makes. Woke up to 60°F temperatures this morning. It was almost cold. :wink: The high humidity is gone too. It's supposed to warm up to the low to mid eighties. Absolutely beautiful. Somehow I don't think it will last long.

:thumb:

Same here beautiful cool and clear day!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Um. Mother nature.....it's June. It's not supposed to snow in june. Just saying...

That blue on the map is snow coming in from the north.
0d12d7ac4239e477d0ec88f73ddb70ef.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Erie county got it bad last night.
The old Sandusky State Theater was destroyed.
So, the worst part of those storms were more Northeast of here, but the weather station was on live for hours yesterday.
Most of Ohio was in the red.
We got lucky.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The old hag that controls the weather must be going through menopause. It's a couple degrees above freezing. Very windy and misting rain. To the west of us, they got snow. Like 5" of snow. Yuck.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heat and hmmidex advisory for the next 36 hours. With the humidex it's supposed to feel like 38 celcius. Too hot for me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This was last night in the shade. Same today and the rest of the week. It's hot. Hotter out in the direct sun.

ece664f55970e9521077052c4274a8c8.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
For us that's hot. Our average in the summer is usually in the low to mid 20s. Very comfortable. Hell, I was wearing shorts at only 10 celcius. Lol

It was hot enough at camp that the camper kept kicking the breaker with the ac on low. Mind you, it's on a 70+ year old hydro system only designed to support a few camps with no ac. Now there's like 4 campgrounds with 80+ sites each in that area. Not enough hydro to supply that many air conditioners going.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My phone says it's 77° outside at the moment.
Inside it's comfy.
20200628_213650.jpg

It's going to boil later on in the week.
Which means, no walking for me unless I do it early in the morning or stroll around the area after dark, which I will do, as it's very safe around here.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My phone says it's 77° outside at the moment.
Inside it's comfy.
View attachment 127924

It's going to boil later on in the week.
Which means, no walking for me unless I do it early in the morning or stroll around the area after dark, which I will do, as it's very safe around here.

I’m over 1,000 miles away and its 76 here and predicted hot all week.

Attachments

• 028D36D0-17DE-4B14-A845-6D35770ADD49.jpg
    028D36D0-17DE-4B14-A845-6D35770ADD49.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 136

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's not so much the heat but the humidity. It rained in the night and again this morning. It's now 30 celcius with a very high humidex.
d0cad972ec75a45ce942abbbfb3f0f27.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad the air is working today. :eek:

Attachments

• Temp105.jpg
    Temp105.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 118

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dayum. I couldn't handle that heat. Our ac unit is running nonstop. The problem with our house is a whole wall of windows facing west taking in the afternoon heat. Even with all the blinds closed, the ac can't keep up and the main floor is holding 80 farenheit.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suspect the sun was hitting that sensor and made it give a bogus reading. The town 20 miles from us says in got up to 90 ...not 105. LOL Sure feels warm no matter.