• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SUPER RARE TUCKER FOUND ! NEED HELP!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well at least I now will have something to compare the selling price with to the Tucker that is located near me . Thanks
Sometimes we get wrapped up in attachment for something and end up not selling it because we want way more than it is actually worth . I have another call into the owner on what he expects to get for selling his Tucker .No use wasting the time of the forum ,if it is priced way to high . As much as I would like to see it in person I do not want to drive that far for the view . Hopefully I will have something on a idea of price yet today .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok , I have the pictures . The owner and I met this morning in Forbestown, Ca. and I took these pictures . The Tucker will need a complete rebuild it appears . Everything is there including extra skis for the trailer.
It appears it has a 6 cly engine. It was , according to the owner "Running when parked" . It will not turn over now . The windshield and metal hoops that support the canvas cover were made by the previous owner, that is not original .It also has a box heater that may be aftermarket and a ammo can that is used as a glove box ,mounted on the firewall . The unit was made in Grass Valley , Ca. before Tucker moved their operation to Oregon . The owner stated that he will not except less than $5000 for the Tucker & matching Tucker trailer . If your interested PM me and I will set up contact with the existing owner . Enjoy the pictures

PLEASE ! Do not argue with me or shoot the messenger . I only took the pictures and the owner set the price !

Attachments

• Tucker snowcat 002.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 002.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 463
  • Tucker snowcat 003.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 003.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 464
  • Tucker snowcat 004.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 004.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Tucker snowcat 005.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 005.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 469
  • Tucker snowcat 006.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 006.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 463
  • Tucker snowcat 001.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 001.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
More

Attachments

• Tucker snowcat 010.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 010.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Tucker snowcat 012.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 012.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 462
  • Tucker snowcat 011.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 011.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 461
  • Tucker snowcat 009.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 009.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 460
  • Tucker snowcat 008.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 008.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 467
  • Tucker snowcat 007.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 007.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 466

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
more

Attachments

• Tucker snowcat 013.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 013.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 465
  • Tucker snowcat 014.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 014.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 462
  • Tucker snowcat 015.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 015.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 458
  • Tucker snowcat 016.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 016.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 461
  • Tucker snowcat 017.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 017.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 459
  • Tucker snowcat 018.jpg
    Tucker snowcat 018.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 458

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The trailer appears to have been owned ,at one time , by the Empire Gold Mining company . It is stenciled of the side in faded small letters . That mine was located and is now a State park in Grass Valley , Ca.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Al that is a unique classic. Somebody is going to pay big bucks to buy and restore it, even it it takes worldwide advertising to find that buyer.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
That old tucker isn't in too bad of shape my st-4 looked a lot worse and in about 2 weeks the engine was freed up and suspension was rebuilt now it wears new paint the cab is weather tight and heater works i bet a little brake fluid down the cylenders and she would free up and start with a squirt of starting fluid

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Looks like the cross bars on that track assemble has been modified and are thicker or pipes. Is that the normal size or were they changed...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like the cross bars on that track assemble has been modified and are thicker or pipes. Is that the normal size or were they changed...

I have no idea ,as I am not a Tucker expert . I can tell you they were welded by what appears to be a stainless Steel welding rod as there was no rust on the welds where the pipes are welded at each end .I have no idea if that is factory or not .

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is factory My 1950 443 has the same grousers and welds. Is there an ID plate somewhere Al????? Looks like it needs alot of TLC..................... Lots of work here..... Oh well I will not be calling it names to get others to stay away from it though. Someone will have a great resto project. And it will be worth alot of $$$$ to the right collector. Mike

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That is factory My 1950 443 has the same grousers and welds. Is there an ID plate somewhere Al????? Looks like it needs alot of TLC..................... Lots of work here..... Oh well I will not be calling it names to get others to stay away from it though. Someone will have a great resto project. And it will be worth alot of $$$$ to the right collector. Mike

Crap ! I can't believe I drove all that way and did not look for a plate ! I am sorry .Where would it have been located ?
The owner did tell me it was original owned by one of the engineers from Tucker

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Mine is on the dash not much dash on that rig to put it though.

Well ,I am pretty sure it was not on the dash or I would have seen it and tried to get a closeup picture of it .

Its sure a lot easier owning a Kristi KT7 . There is only one left existing ,so I don't have to worry about dash plates :whistling::whistling:

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Anybody know if that is a 6-226 jeep motor? (hurricane six) looks like my 61 Willys truck motor. Looks like a carter YF carb too.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Al, I think I see the id plate above the ammo can.

See post 34 pic 3, then post 33 pic 5.

Could you phone up there and have them read it to you?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That engine and radiator is the same as my LF37 dodge truck I sold last month. 1936 dodge 1 1/2 ton.
That honeycomb radiator is rare and I was told if you wanted a new one someone in New Zealand builds them for $2000.
I have many pictures of the engine .
Jim

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, I think I see the id plate above the ammo can.

See post 34 pic 3, then post 33 pic 5.

Could you phone up there and have them read it to you?

Gentleman , I may be wrong but it appears that unit may now be sold ! I am not at liberty to say anything else . Man ! What a day !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That honeycomb radiator is rare and I was told if you wanted a new one someone in New Zealand builds them for $2000.
Good News !
Well ....I can tell you that it is indeed a honey comb Radiator . I can also tell you that one of my pass businesses I owned was a Radiator shop where we built many custom Radiators for show cars and also for restored ones . That Honey Comb design is avalible and can be had for much ,much less than $2000 dollars . The core itself will probably run you about $300-$400 dollars if you have the tanks . Custom tanks (end caps) can be built that match that design for about $150 -$200. I could rebuild one in my shop if I had the proper equipment ! Its quite easy

If you can't find a shop that can do it , PM me and i'll see who i can find that can .

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
mine started to leak so I just replaced it with a non stock one. Good that you can get them made . it is stacked in my barn with many other relics.
could some of the other parts be dodge?
Jim

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mine started to leak so I just replaced it with a non stock one. Good that you can get them made . it is stacked in my barn with many other relics.
could some of the other parts be dodge?
Jim

Not sure I understand your question ,but the radiator core is measured by its width , hieght , and thickness . It may show up in the Dodge section of a Radiator core book ,but more than likely it will just be ordered custom . Most of the other Engine/tranmission parts on old Tuckers are indeed Dodge and can be found by using trucks of the same year .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well The Tucker has a new owner and is heading for a new home ! It will be in the best of hands now . Tomorrow I will be taking a trailer to pick it up .It will then be picked up and shipped to the new owner Should be delivered next week to the new owners .
I'll let the new owner make the annoucement, when they are ready .:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well The Tucker has a new owner and is heading for a new home ! It will be in the best of hands now . Tomorrow I will be taking a trailer to pick it up .It will then be picked up and shipped to the new owner Should be delivered next week to the new owners .
I'll let the new owner make the annoucement, when they are ready .:clap:

Well its now sitting out front in the driveway at the house .

Holy cow ! We stopped to get fuel and grab a sandwich and people were swarming everywhere checking it out :dancing:. I felt like a spokeman for Tucker snowcat Co.

Having just joined the forum today after stumbling on to it by accident, I find that not only has a Tucker Torpedo been located in "running" condition, but that it has sold in my back yard with one of only five Tucker Trailers I know of... I'm bummed out I was a week late! I have been hunting for a Torpedo for several years.. One is suppose to be up in the mountains near Medford, Oregon and I have one located in poor condition in New York...

Congratulations to the new owner!!

socal4t12

Was watching an old movie the other day, "How to marry a millionaire" staring Marilyn Manroe and Betty Grable. There is a few scenes in the middle of the film that shows Betty taking a ride in a Tucker just like the one from this thread, but with a hard top. Check it out,,,looks like it runs pretty well.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
This Tucker never had a hard top . It had a aftermarket canvas top and windshield that the old owner installed .

On another note , I delivered this Tucker to the new owner and it is safely tucked away , waiting for its restoration .All I can say is it could not have gone to a better person who knows how to restore it .