• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Networks respond to false Fox ad

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
WHAT????? How could this BE????? :unsure:

art.teaparty1.cnn.jpg
Fox News is under fire for a newspaper ad they purchased Friday that inaccurately accused its' competitors, including CNN, of failing to cover last weekend's Tea Party protests in Washington.

corner_wire_BL.gif

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Fox News is under fire for a newspaper ad they purchased Friday that inaccurately accused its' competitors, including CNN, of failing to cover last weekend's Tea Party protests in Washington.
"How did, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN miss this story?" Fox's newspaper ad asks.
The answer: They didn't.
CNN provided live coverage of the rally in Washington on Saturday, dispatching more than a dozen personnel, including multiple camera crews and the CNN Express Bus, to cover the event. Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser was live at Freedom Plaza; Correspondent Kate Bolduan reported live from the Capitol and throughout the crowd; All Platform Journalist Jim Spellman provided live hits all day after traveling for weeks on
the Tea Party Express Bus; and CNN Correspondent Lisa Desjardins was live for CNN and CNN Radio from the National Mall.
CNN's coverage also included numerous live reports and interviews with protesters and newsmakers, including rally day speaker Sen. Jim DeMint and activist Art Gerhart, who was on the set with anchor Don Lemon to discuss the event.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sushi, I have to raise the BULLSHIT flag here.:bsflag2:

I happened to be home and was flipping channels on the afternoon of 9/12.

CNN cannot claim to have covered the event. They did have a couple 30, maybe 60 second, spots but they did not cover the event. MSNBC also did not cover the event, nor did ABC, CBS, NBC or PBS. I flipped open my laptop and searched for stories on the network websites and also looked for the story on AP and UPI. The event was covered ONLY by FOXNews.

ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN all ran the exact same story from AP without even editing the story!!! The AP story was published AFTER the protest was over and was a couple paragraphs long. The biggest part of the story covered by ABC was published on MONDAY where they claimed that they never published a crowd estimate.

In fact those networks/sources can NOT claim to have "covered" the story, at best they can claim they ran a quickee bit and actually they totally ignored it.

Sushi, I would suggest you do some serious google searching of the event and dig up the DATES/TIMES that stories were published. You will find that what I just wrote is correct and that CNN's cry of foul is actually something that stinks of fowl!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Mmmmmm...... no they all covered it. Its just that Fox News covered it like Vatican TV covers the Pope.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NO Sushi, they did NOT cover it. They ignored it. Did you do the google searches to see what they actually posted? (or as I state they simply reposted the AP article)

As I stated, CNN did toss up a few very short blurbs, MSNBC and the major networks didn't even do what CNN did.

By the way, did the Chicago Sun Times or the Tribune cover it? Go to the Chicago Tribune website and type in their internal search engine "9 12 protest" and this (screen capture image below) is what you will get! NO stories about 9/12!

BELOW the TRIBUNE screen grab is a screen grab from The SUN-TIMES.\

BELOW that is a screen grab from ABC NEWS website. NOTE VERY CAREFULLY THE TIME they posted the story. It was AFTER the protest ended. Yup, you go ahead and claim they "covered" the story. I will continue to say BULLSHIT.

BELOW the ABC screen grab is a screen grab from the MSNBC website. AGAIN, VERY CAREFULLY take a look at the times and dates of the stories!!! Once again Sushi, I am screaming BULLSHIT.

Attachments

• Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 16.png
    Picture 16.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 17.png
    Picture 17.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 18.png
    Picture 18.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 91

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
C'mon now Bob...you know that sushi is your typical democrat.
" Don't confuse me with facts, my minds made up "

Sorry sushi, just funnin' with u a little bit.
:poke:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
So? What's the big deal? I think you're just a conservative-phobe trying to make a big deal out of nothing. After all, it's just a little misunderstanding, kind of like a Turbo-tax glitch or forgetting to declare a couple of million dollars on your taxes. If those people can be forgiven and their errors in judgment overlooked, certainly this is nothing in comparison. Why can't you be as forgiving as your fellow Obamaites? Are you always this angry and condemning of your fellow man? maybe we can get together a little Sushi Scholarship fund and sent you to anger management classes. Seriously, think about it. You get a really nice certificate at the end if you pass, and you can frame it and show it to all of your friends. I know BHO would like to see a picture of it, because he has failed the class three times, and they won't let him take again until he's out of office. BHO and Van Jones kind of like their poster children for what anger looks like.

Have a really happy day, Sush. :biggrin:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
C'mon now Bob...you know that sushi is your typical democrat.

NO, I don't actually believe that. But Sushi is pissed off at FOX. Because he doesn't believe that FOX is anything more than a tool for the GOP it seems that he now takes everything that CNN/MSNBC/etc as gospel.

Personally I think we, as good citizens, need to look at all sources. I watch CNN more than FOX, I watch the broadcast networks and even listen to PBS. What I noticed during the 9 12 protest/tea party was one very interesting thing. FOX covered it like white on rice and NOBODY ELSE covered it. Most did not even have a cursory report. CNN did have a couple short blurbs.

Then right after the 9 12 protests I started watching the ACORN videos. Sushi and I have the same broadcast media as we are both in the Chicagoland metro area. I first saw the ACORN video on a Catholic website. Couldn't believe my eyes so I started looking for it on my local TV news programs and then the networks. IT WAS NOT COVERED ON ANY OF THEM. Only FOX covered it.

So what does that say? Maybe they all thought it was a small story? OK, that is fine. But if it was a small story then why did CNN later begin to attack the 2 student journalists instead of actually reporting the story? If it was a small story then why did both houses of congress this week vote to de-fund ACORN?

Media bias? Sure. FOX is biased. So are the others. Honestly I don't trust any of them but when it comes to politics I am beginning to really think that FOX may be the ONLY one that even reports the story. That in itself is telling.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Shush,
dont take it too hard. I bet you can get a job with ACORN. Seems to be full of folks of your political ilk!!!!!! Have a goodun and tellem I sent you!!!!:shitHitFan:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sushi, write a note to Glenn Beck and ask him to do a story on the ad and reaction to it. Then you will get a real reason to cry about how bad Fox is.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was watching some of the news but only had local channels. So I don't get fox or cnn or msnbc. However reading either MSNBC or CNN they did have people there, well a few people there. CNN was more concerned about Wilson so even though CNN had a reporter there they didn't talk about the people marching they tried to talk about Wilson only and the Anchor told the public to be very careful because the people were very wild.

MSNBC talked about the march but the news reporter said there was only a few thousand people there. The Anchor questioned him about it, he didn't think many were there but the Anchor showed pictures and thought there was more than a few thousand.

Like I said I don't have a TV but only can look at videos from each of the channels on the internet.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
art.teaparty1.cnn.jpg
Fox News is under fire for a newspaper ad they purchased Friday that inaccurately accused its' competitors, including CNN, of failing to cover last weekend's Tea Party protests in Washington.

OK, just to add more fuel to the fire and again to raise the BS flag on CNN and the other networks who missed their opportunity. IN THEIR ATTACKS ON FOX they misrepresent what FOX claimed.

Here is what FOX's advertisement said:
“Generally speaking, it’s fair to say that from the tea party movement … to Acorn … to the march on 9/12, the networks either ignored the story, marginalized it or misrepresented the significance of it altogether.”​
It seems to me that FOX's statement is FACTUALLY CORRECT and the cries of foul from CNN stink:brows:

The other networks DID IN FACT marginalize the events, ignored them and misrepresented their significance. Strikes 1, 2 and 3. And FOX, their claims are obviously correct.

Sushi, what say you? :hammer:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi, what say you? :hammer:

Well Im pissed right now becuase I dyed my hair to erase the grays and I got the crap on my shirt colar and NOW its permenantly stained :hammer:
Regarding what we have been talking about, there are people on here that do NOT have fully functional gray matter. Just because I disagree with a topic on some pro-republican shit doesnt mean Im pro-democrat.

Now regarding the coverage, I DID see other online news folks cover the story. MSNBC and CNN for sure. The others I didnt notice or see. So since I actually SAW the articles on both news websites, I can attest that Fox is full of shit regarding their coverage.