• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Elsewhere in World News Today!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Here is what is happening in the world as of today.
•Barack Obama and his top foreign policy advisors are expected to meet tomorrow to consider military options in Syria. Some Obama Administration officials argue that the US must act forcefully in Syria to confront Russia over Moscow’s support of President Assad and the relentless bombing of US-backed Islamic militants in Aleppo.
•An unnamed White House source told Reuters that one option under consideration is direct US military strikes on Syrian military bases, munitions depots, radar installations, and anti-aircraft bases. Because Russian military personnel are assisting the Syrian army and air force, any US military attack risks killing Russian troops. Another option to be presented to Obama tomorrow is to provide the Islamic radicals such as the al-Qaeda affiliate al-Nusra with shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles. The missiles would be used to shoot down Syrian and Russian jet fighters.
•TASS news agency reported that Russia will not allow any country to jeopardize the lives of its servicemen in Syria. The warning was intended for Western nations that are contemplating arming Islamic jihadists with shoulder-fired rockets to shoot down Russian warplanes over Syria.
•The Times of London reported that Queen Elizabeth’s Royal Air Force are prepared to shoot down Russian warplanes over Syria. Patriarch Kirill of Moscow, the highest ecclesiastical official in the Russian Orthodox Church, will meet privately with Queen Elizabeth next week. The Orthodox Church patriarch arrives in London on Sunday.
•Vladimir Putin told a French TV network that the suffering and carnage in the Middle East is the fault of Western nations. He said, “Remember how everyone rushed to support the Arab Spring? Where is that optimism now? How did it all end? Remember what Libya and Iraq looked like before these countries were destroyed as states by our western partners’ forces?” Mr. Putin also expressed skepticism that the US-led coalition is really working to destroy ISIS.
•In another sign that a world war is ready to erupt, Iran dispatched two warships to the Gulf of Aden to establish a naval presence in the waters off Yemen where the US navy launched cruise missile strikes on Iranian-supported forces in Yemen.
•It appears that Barack Obama has lost the Philippines as a US ally. Philippine President Duterte called Mr. Obama a fool and warned he would humiliate him. The US has criticized the Philippine President’s ruthless crackdown on drug cartels. Over 2,000 drug dealers have been shot dead in the streets since June 30. The 71-year-old leader has an approval rating of 90% in the public opinion polls in the Philippines. He told Mr. Obama, “I’ll play with you. I’m very sure they cannot be brighter than me. I will ask five questions that will humiliate you. Watch out for that, it will be a spectacle.” Although Mr. Duterte did not name the five questions he will ask Mr. Obama, most likely he will expose the involvement of powerful, wealthy American individuals and agencies in international drug and child sex trafficking.
•You can check off India too as a former US ally thanks to Obama and Clinton. Russia signed a deal to sell its S-400 air defense system to India.
•And if you still aren’t convinced we’re rushing to nuclear war, South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Lee Sun-jin is in Washington meeting with the highest military officials in the Pentagon. Yesterday the South Korean commander was given a tour of American B-52 and B2 nuclear bombers.

Scared yet? You should be.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. Not good at all.

I heard a news blip on an unknown station saying that Putin has called all Russia citizens home from wherever they are abroad.
Has anyone else heard this reported?

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

I heard a news blip on an unknown station saying that Putin has called all Russia citizens home from wherever they are abroad.

Yep, read where he wants all their children home to be educated in Russia only.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Krooked Korrupt Klinton will get us into a war with Russia. She hates Putin and Putin hates her and it is personal. At some point, if elected, American men and women will be dying because of her.

Trump will not be getting us into a pissing contest with Russia unless for some reason we are attacked first.

Vote Trump is you despise body bags and flag draped coffins as much as I do.