• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I did not know this.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
She's a grand Lady and Queen of the Fleet whenever tall ships gather. Most of the BBC story is well known to anyone who
has been part of the USCG - often fondly (?) referred to as Uncle Sam's Confused Group - but the reader comments were
quite interesting; I knew a couple of the posters.

The USCGC Eagle (WIX-327) is beautiful in every line and has handled everything Neptune could throw at her and never
complained, according to those who sailed in her. One of my regrets is never having had the chance to do that. I have always
enjoyed being underway and being under sail makes that experience even better.

Thanks for bringing back some really nice memories TR! :flowers:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't know that either.

Over 30 years ago, I spent one summer working in Falmouth in Cornwall, England. Falmouth was the starting point of the tall ships race across the Atlantic. The harbor was filled with them from just about every maritime country. They were an absolutely magnificent sight. That brought back some good, good memories.