• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow-Trac Transmssion Support Rods

Does anyone have an opinion on a procedure for tightening (or HOW MUCH to tighten) the all-thread supports for the Snow-Trac transmission?

I believe that their only purpose is to counteract the strain exerted onto the axle housings from the drive chains. I intend to make the nuts just snug plus a quarter to half a turn. It seems like much more would be excessive but I don't know if there's a torque spec, or someone has solid info on the subject.

A the moment, the drive chains are not installed. Just the transmission is in place and I'm working towards installing the engine, etc. The front drive sprockets can't be installed until after the engine is. Maybe the rod tension should be adjusted after the chains are in, but I tend to think not. In my head, the rods should be snugged prior to the chains, and then the chain tension adjusted accordingly.

I'm open to hear ideas.

nwerring

In a Swedish manual I have, it say as you rightly thought, that these bolts shouød just be tight enough to take up any movment from the drive chains. A bit more than finger tight and then lock them with a lock nut.