• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Crockpot pork roast cooked in root beer. Never tried it before but heard of it and thought I'd give it a whirl. Smells good. We'll see how it tastes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Crockpot pork roast cooked in root beer. Never tried it before but heard of it and thought I'd give it a whirl. Smells good. We'll see how it tastes.

Damn. I'm normally not a huge fan of pork roast but this time I had 3 helpings. After it was cooked I turned the juice into a nice gravy. Topped with steamed carrots and mashed potatoes. Yummy.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pan grilled butterfly pork chops (2) and Irish champ potatoes (mmmmmmm!)
Seasoned the chops with nothing but original Mrs. Dash.
The potatoes- a little whole milk, butter and of course chives (dried because that's all I had).

Umberto

We're having...

Marinated Venison Steaks and Mashed Potato Patties

You got a deer? I use the Wild Turkey Bourbon marinade from their pamphlet cook cook that was in liquour stores in the mid 70's. I've not had venison or antelope in years and miss it.

Tonight is veg tikka masala with chicken on the side.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Must be a soup kind of day today. Ham and potato soup cooking in the slow cooker. Stumbled across the recipe a while back. Basically dice up 4/5 potatoes. Onions celery and carrots. Cook in a slow cooker with diced ham, broth. When it's cooked enough take out a few scoops of the potatoes etc and mash with butter and a couple cups of milk enough so the mixture is creamy but not liquified. Mix it back into the pot. Add flour or cornstarch to thicken as desired.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
One of two things, either spaghetti in meat sauce, or I'll use the ground beef for butter/worcestershire burgers.
Also my favourite salad-- just romaine with chopped walnuts and sugared mayo for dressing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Burgers and salad it was.
No condiments or bread with the burgers, they're delicious just as they are.
Just pan fry, dab on a little butter 'til it melts then a splash of Lea & Perrins.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
There's a little burger joint in New Haven called Louies Lunch and that's what they sell. Burgers with no condiments. That's it, nothing else. Then there is another that has steamed cheese burgers...yum

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There's a little burger joint in New Haven called Louies Lunch and that's what they sell. Burgers with no condiments. That's it, nothing else. Then there is another that has steamed cheese burgers...yum

Yup, think I saw a show that covered that place on Food Network.
Maybe the one Diners, Drive-ins and Dives?

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Went out to a dinner last night, my first "Holiday" dinner of the season. We had chicken parmesan, roast beef in gravy, a warm pasta salad, green beans, dinner salad, and dinner rolls. It was awesome, and then after the dinner a small group of us got together and played cards and polished off a quart of applejack with cinnamon. Slept like a baby last night. :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Parroting my post on Netcookingtalk just now.. lol

I had a gorgeous 10 oz ribeye with garlic mashed red potatoes and steamed asparagus.
Passed on sharing the appy Lock Ness onion with the other gals.
We went here.
http://www.locksixteen.com/about1
Good food, fair prices.

We almost went to Old City Prime.
Great place, good atmosphere, WONDERFUL food.

Been there done that. Owwwwie later because of the prices.
:yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have some left over kielbasa and potatoes and cheese. I also made some re-fried bean burritos this afternoon.
I ate some but have plenty left over.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken thighs, cream of celery and chicken soup, onions, garlic, poultry seasoning and tarragon thrown in at the last minute..... in the crock pot.
Served over minute rice.
I started it way too late and ate finally about an hour ago. :hammer:

You got a deer? I use the Wild Turkey Bourbon marinade from their pamphlet cook cook that was in liquour stores in the mid 70's. I've not had venison or antelope in years and miss it.

Umberto, No, we didn't get a deer, a friend of a friend (who went bow hunting), had given my husband some venison roasts, so we made them into steaks.

Tonight we're having...

Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes

Pork Sausage Patties

Green Beans

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Last night I opened a can of chili and beans (not even my favorite brand).
I added a can of pinto beans.
Diced some onion and tossed that in. Put some salsa and salsa verde in it.

I have that slop left over to choke down . . . :ermm: I'm sorry I meant to say, to savor and enjoy with, the non alcoholic drink of my choice (or what's in the refrigerator actually).
Very tasty.:puking:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had no clue what to make for dinner.

Started looking in the pantry. Found a can of SPAM. No boxes of Hamburger Helper anywhere to be found.

There were frozen chicken thighs in the freezer.

Took the chicken thighs and thawed them in the microwave. Made a sauce out of red curry paste, mustard, honey and butter. That is all baking in the oven now.

Scalloped Potatoes (yes, from Betty Crocker) are in the microwave.

Green Beans are cooking on the cooktop. I put them in a pot AFTER I had already cooked up some ham chunks and slow cooked some sweet onion in the rendered ham fat. Those are a favorite of the lovely Mrs_Bob but I am not a fan of Green Beans so I got out some frozen Snow Peas, they are ready to go in the microwave for me. Maybe some applesauce too?

The lovely Mrs_Bob will be home in about an hour, right in time for the chicken to come out of the oven.

I have begun to appreciate the fact that there is pressure in deciding what to cook for dinner. It is clear to me why (to those of us old enough to remember B&W TV that was broadcast live) Graham Kerr drank so much wine on the cooking show The Galloping Gourmet.