• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moving your stuff?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Seems most of us have a need to move our stuff around. How do you guys do it, and what do you do it with? Don't forget the photos!!:coolshade

Attachments

• Pic090.JPG
    Pic090.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Pic087.JPG
    Pic087.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 79
  • trucktractortrailer 029 (Small).jpg
    trucktractortrailer 029 (Small).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 74

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like you trasport in style there John. Heres the crapsmobile, it has more rust now ;)

Attachments

• Van (Small).JPG
    Van (Small).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 57

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith; That's a nice looking van. What do ya have for power, and what do you put in it. Didn't look rusty to me.:tiphat: :coolshade :a1: :17875: :beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking crapsmobile Mith. Why the extra high ceiling?

John, I like your trailers. I have a 12 ft single axle one (sorry no pic). Your enclosed one looks heavy duty. Nothing but NICE!!!!

I'll try to get some pics for this thread tomorrow.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
John, its got an engine, everything and no rust becuase that pic is over a year old. Ahh, the test of time (and the great British weather) ;)

Doc, low floor, high ceiling, even people who are taller that short asses like me can stand up in it without doing any head bashing. It was originally used to transport railway workers, its got a seriously good heater :D

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Jim; Is that an English Ford? The front doors are similar to Ford pickemups here.:tiphat:

Thanks Doc, the tool trailer is a 7X14, 7K is all. It's used for tools, and building materials. If I have more than 4400# to haul, or bigger things. I throw it on the flatbed.:coolshade

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim, that looks sort of like my Dodge Cargo Sprinter. (Dodge badge here in the USA, but made by Mercedes Benz). I've always envied the Euro-Vans you guys have. They are far more thought through and better designed than any of our little, rattling cargo vans.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
the tool trailer is a 7X14, 7K is all. It's used for tools, and building materials. If I have more than 4400# to haul, or bigger things. I throw it on the flatbed
Why do you stop at 4400# on a 7000# trailer? On my 7000#, I stop at full volume or 9000#, whichever comes first. BTW 9K# on PA hills makes things really interesting... especially if you think you want to stop. When I get home, the trailer and truck brakes are normally all smoking... :eek:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Why do you stop at 4400# on a 7000# trailer? On my 7000#, I stop at full volume or 9000#, whichever comes first. BTW 9K# on PA hills makes things really interesting... especially if you think you want to stop. When I get home, the trailer and truck brakes are normally all smoking... :eek:

:4_11_9: That's why my brakes DON'T smoke!!!:4_11_9: :rofl1: :beer: :beer:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:

Trailer weight must be considered on axles! If you have two 3500# axles on a trailer for a total of 7000#, you should subtract the trailer weight from the 7000 to get the net you can haul safely.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh come on Big Dog and John...
Trying to take the fun out of it? There's no stories or phew (with a wipe of the brow) at the end of the day carrying 4400#...
My trailer weighs in at 1700#. I fill the trailer (7x18') to about 2' deep with oak logs (probably 7000-7500#) and then load the back of the truck itself.
It rides nice down the interstate but I drop it down to 1st or 2nd climbing hills and just pray going down hills. :eek: ;)

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
YES! Cause I don't wanna see a squished bczoom under a pile of oak logs...:pat:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
YES! Cause I don't wanna see a squished bczoom under a pile of oak logs...:pat:
??? And you're the one that wants me to come get all the firewood I can haul out of your place?!?!?

Just kidding. That firewood I hauled was a bit much.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
John, Bob, its a scummy French Citeroen (cant spell it). Not a bad van though.
Its really roomy, can sit 2 big fat blokes and me (;)) in the front without knocking elbows, can stretch your legs out too. Its really handy having the van in the driveway - makes it real easy to give direction, 'yes were the house with the huge van in the drive'
Now it has racking for 3 karts, and also things that go on the racking as beds. The mowers also (just) fit in (with about 1 inch to spare to the racking).
I also have a small 6x4 trailer that I made to carry the tractors. That trailer is curretly rusting half way up the lawn with a load of crap on it, I got stuck and left it there a week ago :D

Bob, the sprinter is a bit bigger than this if im thinking of the right thing. On the downside the sprinter will not fit on an AA tow vehicle flat bed so im told. It has to be towed by a bigger truck. Just aswell we have the Citreon really, it seems to spend a fair amount of time on a AA flatbed ;)
The model name escapes me now, but at work boss has a really nice mercedes van, lots smaller but very comfortable.

To say I had a small amount of truck-trailer envy would be underrating it, we just dont have the kinda trucks you guys do, well except for the good ole Hilux :D

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Jim; You may have trailer envy, but the flatbed and tooltrailer are both right about 9' wide. Sometimes they're both all you want on one of our narrow roads over here. Especially when you're meeting a soccermom head on. I ve been on the regular roads you guys have, it could be fun though. The roads in the UK are some of the best I've ever been on. Nicely paved, rarely a pothole, but man are they narrow. I've seen a lot of the artic trunks you guy have, and many straight trucks, they look neat, and built to last!:tiphat: :boobies: :17875: :beer:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
John, round where I live the roads are crap. Anything over 6'6'' and youre having a laugh. I live near Keith Gott Landrovers, if a trasporter from there comes up my direction in the road its worth walking along down the road behind it, it will get stuck somewhere.
We have more small roads with tall banks on either side than I envisage you guys have, not sure to the truth of that. Many roads are single track, you can only pass someone else in the laybys. Its annoying when you meet one of the huge 4x4s (you know, the ones that the worst offroad they see is going up a curb) with the incompetant drivers who cant reverse them. Well that and a combine towing its header or a tractor with a bale spike, I think its safe to say that you reverse in that case ;)
Most roads, I agree, are nice, if a little narrow, though it isnt a problem if youre not towing something over 7' wide.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
johnday said:
Seems most of us have a need to move our stuff around. How do you guys do it, and what do you do it with? Don't forget the photos!!
Wow. All I have is this little trailer, 3/4 ton payload, plus a second tiny one for offroad camping.

Today I brought back a load of straw bales. Yesterday I carried two loads of concrete rubble to the recycle plant and transported a rented jackhammer. That's typical use and I don't seem to need a larger rig.

The tractor doesnt leave the ranch so I don't need a truck and trailer for it.

Attachments

• IMG_5815r Subaru&trailer2.jpg
    IMG_5815r Subaru&trailer2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5724rYanmar&trailer.jpg
    IMG_5724rYanmar&trailer.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 41

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have 1 trailer and 3 tow vehicles. Sorry no pictures. The Touareg is new and untested, but has a towing capacity of 7700#. I've got a Chevy Pickup Truck, towing capacity is 6850# (at least that is what I remember). And a Mercury Mountaineer, towing capacity is the lightest of the bunch, I think about 5500#. The Chevy & Mercury are both work trucks and I bring them home as needed, but now that I have the Touareg with its greater towing capacity I doubt I will bring either home again?

My trailer is a 7000# dual axle unit and has a 14' by 6' bed (Mith that would put it about 8' wide overall) and it is getting cut apart & re-welded to make the bed 7' wide. The Snow Trac is 6'2" wide so I need the extra width. My neighbor, whom is a big help with hauling, has a custom car hauler that I can borrow as needed, bed size is 7' by 20' he also has a smaller car hauler. If needed, he has a HD Ford pick up too, I've never borrowed that, but he has hauled stuff for me with it.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the "upsized" trailer after my tractor did a number on my 18' heavy duty 7000 pound utility trailer. I feel much safer now. This trailer has (2) 7000 pound axles with brakes on each axle.

Attachments

• trailer.JPG
    trailer.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 30

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I pull this with this.

I've had 10k on this trailer, I wouldn't do that again. Total white knuckler! :shiner:

(Sorry, slow a$$ dial up, so pictures are an issue. :raz: )