• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Melen inducted into History Honors Society at college

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Technically this won't happen until Tuesday of next week :hammer:

Melen is going to be inducted into the History honors society. Its a national scholastic society ... I think you need to get into these societies so you can work at Starbucks :wink:

We found out about the History Honors Society a few days ago, but the ceremony is Tuesday. Sadly we will miss it. We have airline tickets to go down to North Carolina on Friday, but had we known we might have flown in early to be extra embarrassing by sitting in the front row in our best pairs of denim overalls :flowers:

She was already asked to write an 'honors thesis' by the History department at school, and she decided she would do that, which means that next year she should graduate with "history department honors" in addition to graduating with either Cum Laude Honors or Magna Cum Laude Honors from the university.

Photo was taken on Easter day this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0970 (1).jpg
    IMG_0970 (1).jpg
    156 KB · Views: 118

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, awesome!!!!!! Way to go Melen!!!!!!! Congrats.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She hates when I post photos of her or "brag" about her.

But sometimes proud papa has to burst out with something!

Clearly she inherited her brains from her mother.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It's great to see when our kids excel at whatever they are doing. It was sure gratifying to see my son get his Computer Engineering degree from Vermont Tech and UMass-Amherst and get that great job at a defense contractor that shall remain anonymous.

I volunteered for overtime for 4 years and no vacations to pay for that without borrowing a nickel. I always felt I should have gotten some sort of sheepskin as well. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's great to see when our kids excel at whatever they are doing. It was sure gratifying to see my son get his Computer Engineering degree from Vermont Tech and UMass-Amherst and get that great job at a defense contractor that shall remain anonymous.

Congrats to you and Bob and to the kids of course. Isn't it wonderful when our kids keep on finding ways to make us proud!!!!!