• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bought a new tool. ( toy )

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bought a new game camera, we will see how it does. It has its own simm card
And uses the AT&T network pay as you go no contract. It has mixed reviews so hope I didn't make a mistake. Got it for under 375.00 so we will see.

http://bushnell.com/hunting/trail-cameras/trophy-cam/trophy-cam-hd-wireless

Tools are tax deductible, right :brows:

I think I'll have rig it with a solar panel and place it in Maine :), I wonder if the AT&T network is good there;)
Maybe buy another and keep a eye on minions also

Last edited:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
That's pretty cool. I'd buy one if AT&T worked better in Maine and NH.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That's pretty cool. I'd buy one if AT&T worked better in Maine and NH.

There are other styles like this camera that use other mobile networks but as far as I could tell you had to buy another simm card and ativate from that network
But maybe as simple as adding another phone to your existing service?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
In the off season to hunting I will try it as a remote security camera to watch the cabin. It could always be coupled to a cell signal booster for remote locations
I have to use those now in some spots :wink:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
don't forget your rebate. I was just looking at them this morning. my old bushnell is getting kind of tired and the on switch is failing and moisture gets in somehow.
can it be used without the wireless feature?
jim

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
don't forget your rebate. I was just looking at them this morning. my old bushnell is getting kind of tired and the on switch is failing and moisture gets in somehow.
can it be used without the wireless feature?
jim

The rebate was on a different model, it can be used without the wireless and the
Wireless can be turned off remotely but then you have to turn that feature back
On at the camera if you do that.

Got it today it downloads the picture quite fast from when it's taken quick enough to be used for security less than a minute the resolution on the download is not great but the auctual photo stored in the camera is good enough
For a license plate number

May have to get some more we will see how this one works out. It took a picture with date stamp of the UPS truck today in and out in under 3 minutes I was gone but it sent it to me

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
wanting to get more is a good review.
if you have more is the service fee the same?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
wanting to get more is a good review.
if you have more is the service fee the same?

Pretty sure its per camera, they come with 30 days free so I have not had to buy
Yet. But at 9.99 per month (1000 photos) per camera still a cheap security tool for remote locations just be sure you have AT&T network where ever you want to use it I have several remote locations with security gates and this would allow me to see who is at the gate because I could be half the way around the world then I could open the gate remotely they do have a 6volt power plug on the bottom and then if power is lost you still have the lithium batteries inside

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems good, would not say excellent for animals it would be fine for moving vehicles that are traveling relatively fast 15/20 mph like down a drive the shutter speed is marginal. If angled towards rather than at 90 degrees allows longer time to capture The picture that is sent by SMS, or email is a bit low in resolution
But the one stored in the camera is much higher resolution. You can read plate numbers easy on the stored image.You can down load a higher resolution photo from the camera for a fee (about .90 ) but if you can wait till you go to the camera again just swap the SD cards

You get 30 days free cell service no contract after that if you want to continue they
Have plans as low as 6.75 month 9.99 a month if you want up to 1000 images sent to you a month

Would I purchase another I believe I would the ability to receive photos from anywhere captured and sent usually within less a minute would allow someone to under most conditions if used a security device get to the site and investigate
Such a sheriff or family member

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
are the cameras still working good ? see any bad guys?

Currently in use as game cameras. Working perfect for that as long as you have AT&T cell service

It did capture this deer, apparently had a injury of some type, poor thing
This is a typical picture transmitted. This is not the high resolution pic just a thumbnail

I will reposition the cameras now that hunting season is ending as of this writing I have two one will get repositioned to some remote property with a solar panel
Have not seen any power loss in the lithium batteries in two months
You do get 30 days free with a new camera after that it's 10.00 a month per camera for I think about a 1000 images

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 343

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a night thumbnail, rather cute family of five otters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 343

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been receiving about six a day average mostly deer a lot of repeat because I have not moved them.

I've contacted the one camera and requested a higher resolution of the lame deer picture it will
Transmit it when it does its daily check in. I will repost it when it arrives still the highest resolution are stored on the SD card ( 32GB card ) 8 mp is the highest

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the higher resolution picture downloaded from the camera of the lame deer pictured in a few posts previous

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 299

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that deer may survive if taken care of. show it to the game people and see what they say.
I am thinking of getting a camera like yours but i'm not sure about the at&t locations.
jim

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Merry Christmas from vixen! (Joyeux Noël de Vixen ) (Linksmų Kalėdų nuo pikčiurna ) ( S Rozhdestvom Khristovym ot lisitsy )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 133

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
That's cool! I just found this free app called SalientEye for my old android phone. It works as a wireless camera and emails the pictures to you within a minute of movement detection. Kind of a cool use for an old android phone, I'm thinking of looking for some used Android phones with better cameras and using them as wireless security cameras.

snowcatt

I bought a browning trail cam and set it up behind my house in the city .
On the second night i got a image of a red fox . There an amazing camera
Going to set it up in the bush for wolves .