• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OCS

TJE

GOLD Site Supporter
http://www.trngcmd.usmc.mil/OCS/photos/OCC209/14 Platoon Cdr Inspection/001.jpg

I don't know how to get the picture itself here but if you click on the link, my son, Jeff, is on the left, in the foreground, standing for inspection. He is starting his 10th and final week of Officer Candidate School. Jeff has been in the Marines for four and a half years and is a Sargent. It has been his life's dream to be an officer in the Marine Corps. Barring illness or injury, it looks like his dream is in hand.

Tom

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
http://www.trngcmd.usmc.mil/OCS/photos/OCC209/14 Platoon Cdr Inspection/001.jpg

I don't know how to get the picture itself here but if you click on the link, my son, Jeff, is on the left, in the foreground, standing for inspection. He is starting his 10th and final week of Officer Candidate School. Jeff has been in the Marines for four and a half years and is a Sargent. It has been his life's dream to be an officer in the Marine Corps. Barring illness or injury, it looks like his dream is in hand.

Tom

Jeff-01.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's great when your children make you proud! Congratulations Jeff

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow: Congrats to both Jeff and dad. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We need more men like your son TJ. No wonder you are so proud.
Like Cowboy said, Thanks for your service Jeff. :tiphat:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations to you both :respect: ... although, it's kinda sad to see the loss of a good Sargent! :yum: :dancing::thewave:

I wish the services had nothing but mustangs; officers with at least four years as enlisted are better leaders than the other
sort.
:myopinion:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thats quite an accomplishment so congrats i retired enlisted so if you all here me ragging on officers please don't take offence now days we have an awful lot of them that get in the way of the enlisted compliments of all this new it stuff out there and it's just my take the army isn't the same now days i guess that's why i chose retirement rather than reenlistment

loboloco

Congrats, TJE. and please remind your son that a lobotomy is not mandatory until you get to the rank of Major.

Buckgnarly

Hey, at least he won't have to work for a living anymore! :brows:

Kidding, and congrats from a former Sergeant, 10th Mountain Division!

TJE

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks to all for indulging in an old mans pride. The picture came up on the OCS web sight and I had to share it with someone.

Jeff is as nice and as kind of a young man as you would ever want to meet, but he is tough as nails. He will make a fine Officer in the Marine Corps.

I will be at his graduation next weekend, so you might have to suffer throurgh some more pictures.

Thanks again:

Tom

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks to all for indulging in an old mans pride. The picture came up on the OCS web sight and I had to share it with someone.

Jeff is as nice and as kind of a young man as you would ever want to meet, but he is tough as nails. He will make a fine Officer in the Marine Corps.

I will be at his graduation next weekend, so you might have to suffer throurgh some more pictures.

Thanks again:

Tom

Bring 'em on! We aren't likely to suffer (too much :yum:)

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Tom, I'm sure you're proud, and you shoud be. Bring on the pics man, we're ready!!!

TJE

GOLD Site Supporter
I warned ya.

Friday was family day and the Candidates were in formation in there civilian cloths. First time I had seen my son in a year. Jeff is in the plaid shirt.

IMG_0641.jpg

He said his belt and pants fit him when he left for OCS. The other guy is his proud papa.

IMG_0653.jpg

His proud mom, and his girlfriend, Joy. I like her a lot (I mean Jeff's girlfriend.)

IMG_0644.jpg

Graduation day: Waiting on the Parade:
Joy, Teri, My daughters fiance John, and my daughter Debra. I like John, too, even if he is marrying my daughter.

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

One proud family of 168 Graduating Marines. I got to meet a number of these young men. Our country is well served.

IMG_0698.jpg

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks to me like you have a lot to be proud of Tom , thanks for sharing the experience. :tiphat:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
love those pics makes me wished i could relive my military days but i' just to damd old