• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Three New Snowcat Paintings! Best Yet?

AdkSnowcat

I was so inspired by the kind words and actions (including a sale) after my last snowcat painting posting! I'm not used to hearing such nice things--I hope I was thankful enough. (Down here I get some funny looks when people see my snowcat paintings.)

So I painted three more. 16x20" oil on masonite. Now I have to do some trains.

601Sunset.JPG

SnowMasterTwilight.JPG

DMC1200snowing.JPG

AdkSnowcat

Thank you very much for the compliments!!! It feels good to get them. I've been working on improving my use of color. In the last year I had a month of tutoring from two experts.

About selling my paintings--I guess I don't usually sell them anymore. What I mean is that I am not painting as often as I had sometimes. I find I paint things I really like. So by the time I am finished I don't so much want to part with the paintings. I think if I sell one I like I probably won't replace it for myself. But if someone wants the exact same thing painted I'll paint it for them. So I do like commissioned paintings! Money seems to motivate me pretty well. Originally I thought people might like their snowcats painted via photograph. Or using the same scene as one of mine. On my website I do offer to paint a 16x20" oil for two-hundred-fifty dollars. No takers so far though. (There's a museum in NY that wants a train painting--and they're talking real funbucks so I guess that is next.)

Thanks again! I sure enjoy painting the snowcats. I have a couple more I want to do.

I wonder if anyone has seen anyone else painting snowcats? I'm curious about that!

AdkSnowcat

If I had a good picture of one I'd paint it! :)

Maybe I can see one of those noble little machines blasting through a huge drift--maybe getting a little air!?!?

loboloco

If I had a good picture of one I'd paint it! :)

Maybe I can see one of those noble little machines blasting through a huge drift--maybe getting a little air!?!?
That might be possible, but you've have to remember not to put in the helicopter holding it up:yum::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks again! I sure enjoy painting the snowcats. I have a couple more I want to do.

I wonder if anyone has seen anyone else painting snowcats? I'm curious about that!

Can't wait to see them.:smile:

Don't know about that, but I saved your 601 blue Thiokol painting as my desktop background.. hope you don't mind. I love art!
:biggrin:

dtbg.jpg

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I too paint sometimes, though I have done drawings of snowtracs, I haven't yet had the time to paint one of them. I thought you might like to see my first attempt at acrylics, it is the truck that I was mate on and my late partner used to drive.

Attachments

• Mack 001 (2).jpg
    Mack 001 (2).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 277
I too paint sometimes, though I have done drawings of snowtracs, I haven't yet had the time to paint one of them. I thought you might like to see my first attempt at acrylics, it is the truck that I was mate on and my late partner used to drive.

I second that it looks like a photo...wow! Nice work IQ!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you for your kind words, several people have said it looks like a photograph, but I assure you it is not!