• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What happens if Obama wins? McCain wins? A black perspective.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting perspective...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzuJJVKDTM]YouTube - Obama's America: Win Or Lose[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Would someone mind posting a synopsis of the utube video for us poor folks who are blocked from utube?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If I had the patience to sit here and type it all out in shorthand, I would Doc lol
It's a black man's perspective of what could possibly happen should Obama lose the election (and we all know he will :D)
Youth rioting, a large portion of the black community taking it personally as a slam against their race,etc...
It's a good video!
Makes you think..
Thanks Bob!

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
So, we should all be scared in to voting FOR him because if we don't we'll have race riots like have never been seen before?

What a crock of schitck. :censored:

mtwaterguy

I don't see this as a " Black Perspective ". More like a perspective offered by a black man. He states that there is a possibility of riots whether NoBama wins or loses, with no real support for either outcome.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Blacks enjoy riots. They tend to burn down their own shit and ruin their own neighborhood. Even animals dont do that. Anyhow, Im gettin a gun just in case. Anyone have one for cheap? I have a water gun but thats when my cats get out of line. :rolleyes:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If I had the patience to sit here and type it all out in shorthand, I would Doc lol
It's a black man's perspective of what could possibly happen should Obama lose the election (and we all know he will :D)
Youth rioting, a large portion of the black community taking it personally as a slam against their race,etc...
It's a good video!
Makes you think..
Thanks Bob!

Thanks PG for the shorthand. :thumb:

I hope the black community realizes that if they do riot because Obama looses it will make it that much harder for any black man or woman to achieve the office.
They can not realistically claim racism since 12% of the population is black yet 48 or 52% are for Obama. Plenty of whites and other races are giving their all for this man.
Those of us for McCain will accept defeat if we have to. No riots or threads of riots or even talk of such a happening.
We've had 50 or so presidential elections and every time we have a winner and a looser. Some people are always disappointed with the outcome but never have I heard of riots if the result didn't go a certain way. :pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope the black community realizes that if they do riot because Obama looses it will make it that much harder for any black man or woman to achieve the office.
Realize that the guy also said if Obama wins they may riot to celebrate.

So if he loses they riot to show their anger.
If he wins they riot as a form of celebration!

Yup, election night will have its fireworks no matter who wins :shock:

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I've told many people that if Obama loses there will be rioting, but never considered if he won. It does make sense. I never understood the post championship rioting from the winning teams.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Realize that the guy also said if Obama wins they may riot to celebrate.

So if he loses they riot to show their anger.
If he wins they riot as a form of celebration!

Yup, election night will have its fireworks no matter who wins :shock:
Like Brents, I don't understand why blacks riot to mark celebration.
Must be some sort of built-in jive jungle boogie BS, yo!
:hide:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Would someone mind posting a synopsis of the utube video for us poor folks who are blocked from utube?

Okay, Doc, this is for you for all you do. This is what was said.

I'm not sure we've ever seen a generational shift like the one we are experiencing today. As far as my limited perspective goes, the next generation takes control and...life goes on. However, things are looking quite different as this whole Obama nation thing plays itself out. This incoming generation is exhibiting the humility of a lion in a field of goats. This election is all about the change and hope they tirelessly recite but can't define.....It's all about their future.
But, what happens if they get their way and Barak Obama becomes the President of the United States and even more ominous what happens if they don't get their way? Things could get ugly ona grand scale.

If Obama Wins

We all understand the historical significance of witnessing the election of...the 2nd black president. This would indeed trump the world series vicotry of the Boston Red Sox after the 100 plus years of the "curse of the bambino". This would trump the victory of the United States hockey team over the Red Armny. In fact, there is nothing we have witnessed in our lifetime that would surpass this. Now....what occassionally happens when a city's team wins a championship? We have riots. There is looting, hooliganism, vandalism, drunken disorderliness, assaults and sometimes injury or death and as this wouldn't be about one single city, can you imagine the potential for nationwide rioting by punks looking for an excuse and now having the greatest of reasons to do so?
Let's not forget the people most likely create mayhem are the youth. Many of them are Obama supporters and not knowing exactly why besides the fact he's black. As these are the same people who routinely commit a whole range of misdemeanor and or criminal offenses just to videotape and post them online. I would hope those who maintain the servers at You Tube are ready for a surge of uploads in the hours following an Obama victory. Remember Seattle when the World Economic Summit brought unruly anarchist destruction of public and private property? Remember the looting that engulfed New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina? Remember Chicago during the Democratic Convention and no other event has had the historical significance or excuse to create mass hell as an Obama election. Let the party begin.

If Obama Loses

We all know what it takes to piss off women in a city. Even congresswomen can instigate a crowd chanting, "No justice, No peace". I lived in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riot which was...kind of intense. Everyone was on edge. Parts of the city were burning and there was a sunset to sunrise curfew. Most people were praying some minor incident didn't set off something in an adjacent neighborhood. If Barak Obama loses, the template has already been created. Hillary Clinton supporters are claiming her nomination was "stolen" from her and them. That excuse is now quite typical when a liberal loses. Can you imagine what will happen if Obama loses?
It won't be because McCain garnered more votes or because he is considered to be more experienced and the American people wanted an adult in the oval office. It won't be because he layed out a more detailed vision for the United States as opposed to change and hope, tax the rich and oil companies and stop the ocean from rising. It'll be because white America was too racist to elect a black man. Every vote for McCain will be compared to a baton strike on Rodney King's upper body. Every electoral college vote will be like the sting of the lash on the back of every black person in America. THE MAN will have won, again. The black man will have been put back in his place. Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton will be interpreting this as the need for a new civil rights movement. Rappers will be inspired to create tracks instructing the young to burn down America. Rabid, inebriated college students will have yet one more reason to work off that binge while also protesting the inherent American racism their professors preached about for years.

If the vidotaped beating of a drunk and stoned black man apprehended after a high speeed chase can start a riot in a major metropolitan city, just what do you think can happen if a black presidential candidate is beaten by an old, white, vietnam vet on national television, live.

We are again talking about people we raised giving them everything they wanted when they wanted it. Well, now they want Barak Obama and whether they get him or not, there may be hell to pay.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank You CG. You sure did not need to transcript the whole video, but now I sure have a better understanding overall. Rep points for you is the least I can do. :thumb: :D

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This is an interesting perspective. I figured if Hillary became the nominee, there would be rioting in many areas of the country. I hadn't really thought of the manner in which a victory might be celebrated. From what I can tell, it looks like the speaker doesn't believe the black support of Obama is any deeper than that he is a black man. He doesn't seem to have any faith in Obama's "platform".

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow CG! Are you a speed-typer or do you have a voice to text program? The punctuation and font changing would indicate the former, but that's a huge amount of typing!

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow CG! Are you a speed-typer or do you have a voice to text program? The punctuation and font changing would indicate the former, but that's a huge amount of typing!

I'm a fairly proficient typist. Now, you know I proofed for all the type-os before I posted. What can I say, It's raining and CB is at work. What else is a girl to do?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I can tell, it looks like the speaker doesn't believe the black support of Obama is any deeper than that he is a black man. He doesn't seem to have any faith in Obama's "platform".

Yep, I got that impression also, and, I'm afraid he is right. Jay Leno hit the streets asking basic questions about the election and politics in general. The answers were downright scary. So many people who appear not to have a clue. :pat: