• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

You are kidding me right?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
:hammer:My apoplogies to all those Bronze Star recipients who actually earned the award.:sad:

Faith Air Force Chaplain Awarded Prestigious Bronze Star for PowerPoint Teaching About Proper Disposal, Handling of Islamic Texts

Mar. 13, 2013 9:49am Billy Hallowell
Air Force Lt. Col. Jon Trainer, 51, has been awarded a Bronze Star Medal for his creation of a PowerPoint presentation that informs the military about how to properly treat Islamic religious materials and for his role in a suicide prevention training program, the Dayton Daily News reports.
Considering that the Bronze Star is the military’s fifth most prestigious award — and bearing in mind the Islamic-centered work that led to the accolade — it’s certainly a story worth telling.
Trainer’s response to radical extremism unfolded in early 2012. After deadly riots broke out in Afghanistan last year following revelations that Korans were accidentally burned, Trainer apparently came up with a solution. The Daily News has more:
After the accidental burning last year of Qurans by U.S. troops in Afghanistan sparked deadly rioting, an Air National Guard chaplain from Springfield stepped in and potentially saved countless American lives.
For his effort, Lt. Col. Jon Trainer received the prestigious Bronze Star — a medal given for heroic or meritorious achievement in connection with operations against an armed enemy.
And he did it with a PowerPoint presentation.
Within 48 hours of the riots that left 30 people dead, including two U.S. troops and two additional military advisers, Trainer created a PowerPoint presentation addressing how Islamic material should be handled and disposed of. In addition to laying out these elements, the Daily News reports that the chaplain, a nondenominational Christian pastor, also identified what constitutes important Islamic material.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
This makes me feel like :puking:. Maybe - maybe - what he did was worthy of an Attaboy of some kind, but this ... I have no words. :ermm:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My FIL won his in WWII by going into a mine field to save an injured soldier.

Dad says very little about his claiming he was no hero. As he puts it,,," I was drunk at the time."

His Grandson, my nephew, also won a bronze Star....while serving in Afghanistan.

Both men performed heroic acts,,,,,,,and are humble about the award.