• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow removal

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to see you got it together. Should be a handy rig and sure beats driving backwards.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We ended up with about 10" of light fluffy low moister snow. One pass on my drive, about four in the back yard and I was done with what I could do with it here on this acerage....But I have three more to do as well. And I talked to the city manager yesterday, and offered to load dump trucks with windrowed in the center of the street snow, And haul it to the city dump area. He said he would bring it up with the city councel last night. Spent to much time this morning and last evening Snow Tracing around....

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I could claim this idea as my own, but the truth is New Idea made at least three different snow blower set ups for their mules. But trying to find one is another story. I had the pre requisite 4WD mule, as 2WD ones don't work well in snow...and the blower. Just married the two. I am sure in the future I will find out it's limits, but this fluff we just got isn't going to tax it any.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, then I have some changes to make, but just a couple. First the skids on each end are to high, nearly the same height as the cutting edge. It wants to pick up loose rocks pretty bad. Need to figure out how to get the spout to turn more, as of now to go left, you have to unpin the cylinder and repin in the new position.

Great power transfere by the blower drive.:clap: Unbelivable amounts of snow at HIGH speed out the chute, enough to fill a pick up truck box in a few seconds, if driving beside.....:unsure::whistling:Only heard the engine work a few times, just not big enough drifts this time. But this thing is a snow eating little monster:wink: for sure, and nice to run as well!

Regards, Kirk

Cletis

Looks like a beast. Could have used it this past Sunday on an 8ft drift against the back of the house.

Cletis

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A "Beast" it is!!!

got into some 1-2ft drifts today around some grain bins. I din't pull the motor hard, but the sounds I was hearing told not to give it anymore....The two No. 80 roller chains, on on each end, I can hear at a very heavy pull. So I back off the speed just a bit and all was well. Took me 30 min to do what would have taken twice that with a rear mounted blade on a 200 hp tractor. And the piles it blew were not very tall, maybe 24" where the discharge hits the ground. Wish it spread it out a bit as the stream it throws stays tight till it hits something. Definatly don't want to hit a vehical with it.:mellow::whistling: The spout was made to load trucks, and I bet it works great for that. But for just throwing it as Far as you can it doesn't work as well I bet. Jut gotta be planning ahead for this.

Regards, Kirk

spencerhenry

best plow truck i ever had is a mitsubishi fuso. 11 foot dump bed, 9' fisher blade. anymore i only plow about a mile of driveway, but some areas drift in about 3 to 4 feet deep. also have 2 skidsteers available with snowblowers. one is a mustang 2109 with a loegering blower, it kicks but. will throw snow easily 60 to 70 feet. i can be on one side of the road and put the snow on the opposite side, could have something to do with the 115hp perkins. the other is a JD 333ct, hp is about 87 i think, it has a JD blower that works ok, but will not touch the other one. i used to have a snow blade on my log skidder, it was great for plowing. with the skidder it doesnt matter if there is road under you or not, it just keeps going. had it for 11 years now and have never gotten it stuck, hell, i rarely even lock in the front diff-lock.