• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

jeep test drive

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
during my snow cat adventures i've shared a lot of pics with you all of the country side here on the seward penensula so i toook the olld cj-5 out on a shake down trip after sitting all winter i also took along a camara we traveled up the buster creek trail wich crosses the nome river and heads back to the flambeau and eldarado rivers there is another leg that follows the hill tops north and was the old road to taylor and deering. we traveled in about 10 miles and i let the boys take a dip in one of the creeks water temp hadto be about 35 degrees but that dosn't stop kids from wanting to get wet just like the dogs i also took some photos of the tundra that are all different colors now with flowers in bloom aeras are turning purple and yellow with flowers.

Attachments

• buster creek 034.jpg
    buster creek 034.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 311
  • buster creek 005.jpg
    buster creek 005.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 323
  • buster creek 007.jpg
    buster creek 007.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 322
  • buster creek 008.jpg
    buster creek 008.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 323

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
going to try this again my internet keeps going up and down got some pics of the rocky gound them cute little purple flowers grow in some pics of the kids taking a dip in some cold water check out how clear it is

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
try a few less pics

Attachments

• buster creek 011.jpg
    buster creek 011.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 280
  • buster creek 016.jpg
    buster creek 016.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 287
  • buster creek 017.jpg
    buster creek 017.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 281

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
more pics from our trip there are some vintage tractors in the se last pics for you tractor guys have any of the old timers out there operated any of these older tractors or scrapers.

lost my pics again darnd gci

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
try it again

Attachments

• buster creek 021.jpg
    buster creek 021.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 249
  • buster creek 022.jpg
    buster creek 022.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 253
  • buster creek 027.jpg
    buster creek 027.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 249
  • buster creek 028.jpg
    buster creek 028.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 243
  • buster creek 029.jpg
    buster creek 029.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 240

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the rest of the tractors

Attachments

• buster creek 026.jpg
    buster creek 026.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 242
  • buster creek 029.jpg
    buster creek 029.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 239
  • buster creek 030.jpg
    buster creek 030.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 240
  • buster creek 031.jpg
    buster creek 031.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 242

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
yoou are right i'm working on an old d-9 made in the 70's took it out for a test run and as looose as the blade bushings were i was amazed how easy it was to do finnish work with it thething ois over 30 years old and still working and makes the owner money still i would like to see one of these high track electronic cat's 30 years from now and yoou have goot to love starting an engine with a pony motor.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Rusty take a look at a previous thread biga$$ tracks there is another picture of a ford tractor with a rare crawler conversion there was also a part of one at this gold mine they claim to be rare but i know of about 5 of them around here

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Me, I see huge mosquitos on you kids back. Ouch!
they are huge this year some look like small flys when airborne both boys look like they had chicken pox i bet when they bind bug dope in the glove box they leave it there next time how ever the little blood suckers didn't seem to bother them at the time i was mad as hornets cause i looked like pigpen with that cloud around my head.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Makes me wish I hadn't sold my old 73 CJ5.....Great pics Don! I expect with all those hours of day light you are making up for some long winter nights. Good lookin pup ya got there too....

Regards, Kirk