• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New UTV - Polaris Brutus

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder how it compares to the new Bobcat 3600.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
first I wonder if it has a road gear, or is it limited to 15 mph the other thing I worry about is Polaris quality sucks. as does their cheepo Sprague 4 wd system I do like the idea of hydro drive and the ability to add a snow blower.

grizzer

I saw a prototype last winter(A Polaris exec. had one delivered to his local cabin)

Thing looked good until I saw the PTO hanging out the bottom with about 4" ground clearance.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of the diesel UTV's max out at 25 mph.

With a turbocharger and adjustments to the hydro, my RTV1100 runs about 27 mph but gets there much quicker than without the turbo and holds the speed far better when encountering an incline. After 3 years with a turbo on mine, I don't understand why the factories don't include turbos on all new ones. As I first stated, it doesn't really make them run faster, but they have far more power and don't slow dramatically on inclines.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bobcat claims both their CVT and their hydrostatic drive models will run at 30mph.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Eww, I just read the article and, IMHO, Polaris made a fatal mistake with their "treadle pedal" on all models. I literally got rid of my Kubota 5030 because of that terrible pedal. Every time you hit any bump you go from forward to reverse and have an extremely jerky ride. I can't imagine it working in any fashion in a utility vehicle where you are going faster than a crawling tractor. My prediction is that you'll see that pedal disappear within a couple years of production due to massive complaints from people doing face-plants into the windshield. If you are only doing loader work, I can see a treadle pedal being useful. If you use the machine for anything other than loader work, they will render the machine useless based on my experience.