• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol video

Morepwr

here's some video footage of a few of our different trips. compiled together. just a bit long, hope it's not too boring. there's some wierd music or sound at the begining. I have no idea where it came from.

mtmogs

Awesome video!!! Thanks. Nice rig you have. Big enough to bring the fam, cat & dog. How do the pets enjoy the ride?

Morepwr

Thank you, we do like the rig, it's just right for us. the cat and dog are great travelers. the cat (Moe) traveled with us to go buy the snowcat when he was a kitten. that was about a fifteen hour day in the truck. since then he actually enjoys the ride. I always thought people that drove around with cats in their car were kinda odd, but here I am. the cat likes going to the cabin and we like the lack of mice now.

the second pic. is Moe and Rainy playing with a mouse.

Attachments

• P1030105s.jpg
    P1030105s.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 203
  • P1040609s.jpg
    P1040609s.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 211

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Very cool footage! I would love to have a 601 for the flat stuff around here. You can pack alot of gear and people in one of those.

mtmogs

Morepwr said:
Moe and Rainy playing with a mouse.

That's a great shot. Looks like you've got yourself a real mouser! We would bring our 2 cats to the cabin also for the same purpose, but not in winter as I'm not sure they or we would appreciate a ride on the snowmobile. Maybe we'll take them now in the snow trac.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Morepwr said:
Moe and Rainy playing with a mouse.

It looks like you were successful in training your cat. Pigtail's cat gets confused between "mouse and moose". It is going to get him in big trouble one day. Below is a pic from last summer as he tries to stalk a young moose in our yard. The cat stays here year round with us and turns into a house cat in the winter. In the summer he only comes inside to visit now and then.

P9140011gg.JPG

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
:yum:

That reminds me of the time a friends cat saw a Bald Eagle on a fence post in his yard. We watched as he succesfully stalked to the base of the post. When he put one paw on the post the Bald Eagle turned his head and looked down at the cat. Neither moved for about 5 minutes. We thought for sure the cat was dead (his girlfriends cat) Finally the Bald Eagle looked back away out into the valley . The cat realizing he had been staring death in the face slowly retreated the way he came. Untill that day I never knew how BIG Bald Eagles were! He was a good 4 feet tall (I am guessing this since the post was about 4 feet tall) and he looked as tall as the post. Either way they are huge!​
That would have made a great picture.:yum:

bronco bruce

Great job on the video. Have you done any modifications to your 4T10? It's great to see people enjoying their snow cats with the family, including the critters.

Bruce

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Very cool video!! I love the way you did it from BOTH perspectives, outside AND inside shots. The pets are awesome too. Great video! :thumb:

Morepwr

Thanks all, The comments are much appreciated.

The capacity of the cat has been great. We used to use snowmobiles and a trailer to haul our gear back to the cabin. if it was for more than a couple days I'd be making multiple trips. if we had company, I'd be on the damn sled all day taxiing. glad that chapter's over.

mntmogs, only one way to find out. our cat took to the snowcat pretty quickly. bigest problem, I think. was the carrier we had him in. he'd drive you nuts with the screaming. let him out, and not a peep. I guess he liked to see where he was going. we still use it for transfering vehicles.

mtntopper, That cat's living on the edge. great shot!

snocat operations, great story! We think that may be what happened to our other cat. she all of the sudden one day became scared of the sky. we don't know if she was swooped on by a large bird or what, but she stays home now because she doesn't want to leave the cabin when she's up there. if she does, she looks up and checks the sky first and then sprints to cover somewhere in the direction she wants to go. kinda funny to watch but sad too. something scared the crap out of her. We'll try again this summer. maybe she's forgotten.

bronco bruce, sorry still kind of a newb. 4t10? I thought it was a 601. the engine and tranny are now late seventys fomoco 302 and c4 with an oc15 rear. the conversion was done prior to my ownership. please clue me in about the 4t10 thing.

thanks again, all! Aaron