• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Picked up a KT-3

Scotg1107

Here is a picture of a KT-3 I picked up the other day. It starts right up and runs great but it needs a lot of TLC before it will ever hit the trail. It has some clutch issues and I cant seem to get it in any gear but reverse. It also seems to have a broken axle or drive chain in the clam shell on the right side of the cat, and it also needs a set of tracks and some fiberglass repair. It needs a ton of work and it will probably be a while before it gets back on the trail but I figured I'd share the find.
50326947114__A2CE26FF-C6EE-40F1-B68A-5B2D55677E71.jpg

KT3survivor

looks like a decent body over all. bummer to hear about the drivetrain issues but i believe the chains kristi used can be replaced without much trouble. keep us posted on it.

there are a few details about this one that make it very similar to mine i can already tell. :w00t:

Scotg1107

Thanks guys, just a touch more info this is serial number 66175 and was purchased new to a company out of Butte Montana that serviced antennas in and around the area.

Now for a couple questions, does any one know Soni Honegger? I really like the modifications he did to his KT-3 here is a picture of it.

cool kristi.jpg

I'd love to get some pictures of how he reinforced the winch mount area as well as that tow hook in the front. The way his looks is pretty much what I'm going for except the color scheme I believe that anything that travels at 10-15 mph along side snowmobiles that go over 70 needs to be a bit more visible.

KT3survivor

i have also admired soni's kt3. thanks for posting the serial #. i was just touting about having the youngest running kt3 but you got me beat!

Scotg1107

i have also admired soni's kt3. thanks for posting the serial #. i was just touting about having the youngest running kt3 but you got me beat!

You still have that title :biggrin: I don't think mine should be called "running". One track drives and I cant get it into a forward gear so hopefully there isn't to much wrong with the gear box.

KT3survivor

im wondering if the clutch issues and the no forward gears are related. also, pop the 4 bolt top plate off the trans. it gives you a nice view of the shift linkage and might show some sort of issue. if you need i could take my plate back off and video the linkage going thru the gears just to get an idea what it should be doing. also have some hard to read schematics if you end up tearing it apart.

good luck! its great to see another one alive that is not listed on the registry. one of the last 4 kt-3's ever made. :beer:

Great find and glad to see another snowcat getting back under its own tracks. Looking at past photos, the Kristi's are fitted with an OC3 or OC4? If so check the shifting fork as I've read on the Oliver having shifting alignment issues. Also call Snowcat Pat at Spryte Improvements.