• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Newbie looking for parts

hansoni

Hello all! Writing to you you today from southern Maine I am new to snowcats and have recently purchased a IMP 1404. This machine was used mostly as a groomer and is missing a few things and needs some repair. We will be using it mostly to access backcountry skiing, ice fishing and snowshoeing in the western Maine mountains.
Overall our machine is in good mechanical condition and runs well. The OC-4 was completely rebuilt about 6 years ago with new gears and Moser axles.
My biggest issue now is to find a complete rear differential shifting linkage as it is missing.
Any help here would be appreciated and look forward to putting this thing into service in the fall.
Also, anyone have a source for new throttle cables?
Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• 00202_9aQLlsd0QOy_600x450.jpg
    00202_9aQLlsd0QOy_600x450.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 412
The local driveline companies have made throttle and clutch cables for me in the past. Take your old one in and they can build one up. Not sure on your shift linkage though.

Those are some aggressive paddles on your tracks! I don't think I've seen that type on an Imp before. Welcome to the Forum.

hansoni

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure as I did further into this thing I'll need more.

Hey Paul let me know on that linkage.

Steve

jp11

Steve

I had a call in to Peterson's at one time for a throttle cable. They never did get back to me (my imp was a 68, and they needed to go find the specs for the cable)

as others have said.. it's not real complex. I can't remember the brand name the guy at peterson's said it was.

I'm sure you can find an easy solution there. The linkage shouldn't be impossible. Worst case you find someone that will let you copy theirs. it's simple pipe with short pieces of pipe welded on. If I remember right, there weren't even any bends in it. So it the only critical part would be welding the short stubs that go over the ball on the diff and shifter in the correct spots.

JP

hansoni

I found the throttle cable at Peterson's. Still looking for the linkage. Had a line on a parts machine but I can't get them to get back to me.
Here she is after a couple weekends. Going to build a cab for a couple more seats.

Attachments

• P1010095.jpg
    P1010095.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 332

Borvig

Good Evening, Get in touch with me through fivefields@roadrunner.com I'm sure I can help you locate what you need, or put you in touch with one who can. I need more information, and a "down shot" of the vacant rear end. Back and forth e-Mail will be to slow for me right now. I'm close by you, and owned a 1450 Super Imp for about a decade. I'd rather search out a new rear than do a set of tracks, and yours' look to be quite good. Borvig