• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wildcat Mountain, New Hampshire

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was up snowboarding at Wildcat Saturday. Over the bar they have a picture of a 443 and a roller on the trail back in the day. It is amazing that these things were able to travel up and down that moutain for years and not break. Mine supposedly spent some time at Loon so I think of the life it may have had prior to me.

The picture also has a number of stumps that it was navigating in what looks like a fresh cut trail.

I would love to get mine up on the mountain one day. Lot of faith in that band brake!!!

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Too funny. We were at Shawnee two weeks ago where they had a pic of a Tucker on Pleasant Mt. for their 75th anniversary and Cranmore has the attached picture on a wall for their 75th. Neither are nearly as steep as Wildcat, but I was thinking the same thing. It would get scary in a real hurry if you ran out of whoa power coming down some of the steep stuff! :doh:

On a side note you, Pixie & I should of had a NE Snowcat Owners meeting at Moat Mt. or the Red Parka since we were all in town!

Attachments

• 4f83151e_groomingatcranmore1962.jpg
    4f83151e_groomingatcranmore1962.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 18917.jpg
    18917.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 278

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I remember the old Tuckers from when I was a kid skiing at Wildcat. Might be when I first caught the bug :)

Yes, we should have a meet up sometime.

barnstormer

This is a photo of a photo at Whiteface. Sorry about the quality. Looks like things didn't go so well for this guy!

While you were in North Conway, did you see this ol' girl? So sad that she just sits in the parking lot...

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 02132011.jpg
    02132011.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 201

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The thiokol is Mount Washington Observatory antique. That building it is parked at is the discovery/history center. good place to take kids. That thing ran up and down the auto road at one point.