• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Husky's and shedding...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Husky here is a little early here for shedding his winter fur??:unsure:

Yseterday I noticed he has clumps of hair just waiting to fall, off. It seems a bit early as we're not but half way through winter here. Is this normal?? I am assumig it is.....

Regards, Kirk

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That happened with one of my Husky mix dogs I had. Never seemed to be an issue. Heck, some of my other dogs don't lose their winter fur until about July or August.

cpsseals

Our husky dogs constantly shed. Rather weird that the hair drops in -40c weather but I guess that's just the breed... Poodles they ain't.
We brush them daily and vacuum twice as often but wouldn't trade them for anything.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Macarther is a lab husky mix and he used to shed in clumps , both spring and fall the mushers told me to add protien to his diet and it would help. he is going on winter 15 this year and he has been shedding all winter, just about daily i have to pluck him to try to keep the house kind of clean. some additives for his food were baking grease, or raw eggs i normaly give both dogs a treat of raw eggs ,and left over baking grease on saturday mornings when i wake up and have the time to cook sausage with breakfast

SIMONALLEN

I have two huskies and they like to be inside a couple of chickens to the cold. There fur is clumpy because of this. I just leave them be, and don't brush them until it is warmer out.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Macarther is a lab husky mix and he used to shed in clumps , both spring and fall the mushers told me to add protien to his diet and it would help. he is going on winter 15 this year and he has been shedding all winter, just about daily i have to pluck him to try to keep the house kind of clean. of raw eggs ,and left over baking grease on saturday mornings when i wake up and have the timesome additives for his food were baking grease, or raw eggs i normaly give both dogs a treat to cook sausage with breakfast

Will this work for our FF members who are going bald " Just askin ??? You may be on a new beauty treatment break through !!!Think of all the money you are going to make ???:clap: