• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker pump

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello all, I am seeking someone willing to wander out to their mid seventies Tucker and give me a part number off their hydraulic pump.

Should be a Vickers.

Part number will be V20 (P or F)-1 _ _ _- _ _ _ _ _ _ - _

the tucker number is 151646-2

Any of the missing digits will be really helpful.

I am guessing the factory spec is a Priority valve.

If you can measure your Pulley diameter that would help as well.

If anyone has a pump laying around and want to sell it feel free to Private message or Call (920)841-1902

MIke

jp11

Mike

Have you gotten your build sheet from the factory? We did.. and it listed out all the components used on the machine.

JP

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I have the tucker part number.

and schematic including pictures. (attached)

I want to order the pump from a local Vickers distributor, they need the flow rate of the priority valve. and the pressure relief setting, and are also requesting the ring volume as well as the pump capacity.
Apparently all that information can be derived from the numbers stamped on the pump. I took a photo of the Missing pump and now cant read it.

the attached document has the full range of options.

If I can't get a vickers number, I am going to Spec a 2500 PSI, 13 GPM. Vane pump, with a 5 GPM priority end cap installed. Three female 1/2 fittings on the cap, with a 1" inlet.
7" pulley
this is my best guess off of searching the forum.

Attachments

• 20150717135332712.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
  • DSC02952 (Small).JPG
    DSC02952 (Small).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The vickers pump numbers was on the build sheet from tucker on my 68. I have attached it.

My pump looks just like that with three outputs and one input. The issue I am having is I don't use the other two outlets they just loop back to the tank.

They enter the tank at such a velocity it splashes fluid up out the breather at higher rpms.

Was trying to figure out what would happen if it just capped them at the pump. Would it auto bypass or explode? Other option is to make baffles somehow.

Attachments

• 1681252 Build Sheet (1).pdf
    132.3 KB · Views: 99

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sweet, thank you.
What supposed to be happening with those lines is simply this.

the pump makes pressure.
One circuit should go unmolested to the rear aux valve bank. usually under the cab.
One circuit should leave and go to the orbital valve.
The third line is a pressure relief to the tank. if you stall your steering or raise your drag while turning, the priority valve should maintain about 5 GPM to the orbital valve and waste the excess to the tank.

check your lines sounds like you have your Aux and relief mixed. (possibly)

That build sheet is pretty cool, I will have to inquire.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
They all seem to return fluid all the time. Steering is connected as i got it. one line already looped back to tank. I shortened the third when I removed the rear hydraulics.

I think the return line comes in the bottom and shoots straight up into the 2 gallon tank splashing it. As rpm increases so does the splash effect.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The circuit that used to feed the AUX is most likely causing your splash.

sounds like a baffle is in order.

Or send me that pesky pump and I will gladly provide you with a single output pump for your steering w/a pressure relief :w00t2:

mostly kidding.

Thanks again for the part number.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a build sheet.

Not much help.

Im going to go to the hydraulic shop thursday, maybe between the number on yours (Mr. addict) and the data on the sheets (track inc supplied,) they can figure out an appropriate flow rate for the priority side and pressure setting. for the aux purpose.

any other Vickers numbers welcome....

Please:flowers:

Attachments

• 1976 3763172.pdf
    117.7 KB · Views: 86

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike, looked at one of mine today it has the 318 and the same pump as pictured
But found no numbers or tag. But the pulley is 8"

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks for making the effort,
Yeah thats what I was afraid of. the info is stamped on the flat right above the word vickers. that oval has the numbers stamped into it, I blew the photo up that i shot and I can just make out the obvious digits.

this will come together.

In your opinion do you think 5 GPM is enough for smooth steering?
Thiokol uses 5 GPM priority valve for the steering in the 2100 another 5 GPM is pulled off for the cooling pump with the remainder available for the AUX circuits. I realize it is a different set up but the science is similar.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Would it auto bypass or explode? Other option is to make baffles somehow.

What this is, is a closed center fixed displacement system...

It pumps rated flow at what ever the speed is all the time. This pump has a bypass, but it is only for emergency use.. to save the pump from damage.

If you dead head a circuit, it may heat the oil to frying temps in the oil tank. I did this once, not a Vickers pump, but one similar. In my case I didn't hook up two quick couplers to recomplete the circuit, after an accessory was removed..

So be careful.

Redsqrl, I think your on the right track...

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
east coast for sure. I like the part of CAB: old style

Its got 19.740 miles on it, it could have been there and back a few times.!!!!

Must have an over drive transmission because it did those 19K in 428 hours or 10428 hours.. hour meters make me laugh especially when people put value in the number they show.

Hahahahahha

jp11

Ok.. I think I got it!

But first.. I've got to tell you how. I know I told you i'd look. Did all my stuff for today. Just sitting inside getting ready to head to work for a week. DANG.. I see this thread and remember. JUST light out still.

I went out to the tucker with a little LED flashlight. I see the cast what I think are numbers..

I go get some biodiesel. I brew my own and it's hell of a solvent.

I scrub away.. I get the 'VICKERS" logo.

Then.. I see a little flat plate beneath it. Could it be?? I scrub and scrub. If I hold my head just right.. I can see numbers, but not clear enough to even read them off.

Eureka. I put the flashlight right on the spot. Ok.. I drop the flashlight several times till I can make it shine on the spot.. THEn I send the company iPhone down into the impossibly small space between the oil fill and this pump.

Here's what I got.

jp11

Unedited.

then cropped, and I monkeyed with the color a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0092-1.JPG
    IMG_0092-1.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0092 copy.jpg
    IMG_0092 copy.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 172

jp11

Last pic. I could probably do a better job cleaning with some brake cleaner and some pressurized air... but I go away for a week starting tomorrow morning.

Let me know if this doesn't get it.

JP

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 171

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is perfect.

Thanks a bunch.. That is exactly how my efforts usually go except the flashlight would burn out and the phone would get that fancy spider web app on it as the glass cracks....

have a great time away. (sometimes work is relaxing)