• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snowcat safety course in Washington

I had posted this in 2015 jamboree thread, but just in case someone who has not read that thread is interested I am reposting as a thread. There was no charge for course last time he gave it, so I assume that is case this time.

.................................................. .................................................
Hi all:

If you got this email and do not want it, please let me know and I will take you off the list. Likewise if you know of someone who should have it, please forward it on and have them contact me.

Not much of a winter yet. Maybe in February. We have been asked to try to put on a sno cat class again this year so we are going to try to do just that. As you know, we have had to cancel the last two years for various reasons. This year we will definitely meet no matter what. !

Dates will be Tuesday and Wednesday March 3rd and 4th in Leavenworth. Classroom will be at the Leavenworth fire hall on the 3rd from 8 a.m until 4 p.m field day location and agenda will be determined as we get closer.

I will send out a working agenda soon, but some topics we are working on are:

Map and compass
Winter survival
Wilderness first aid
Avalanche refresher
Avalanche path and hazard evaluation
Rescue beacon refresher
Sno Cat operation and maintenance
Trailering
Road building

If you have ideas or needs that you would like to see us talk about, please let me know. Also, if you want or can teach a topic that would be beneficial to the group, please let me know. We will be putting this together in the coming weeks.

Rooms are good at the best western.

http://icicleinn.com/

Lots of space at DOT shed west end of town for rigs.

Talk soon.

Mike Stanford
WSDOT North Central Region
Avalanche Forecast/Control Supervisor
Artillery Program Manager
509-667-2817
StanfoM@wsdot.wa.gov