• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Where not to be when SHTF

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not agreeing but thought it worth posting. Consider the source. But I think they are saying if you live in the red area better buy an AR or two or three.

and as if it was meant to be, I look at my email and find a blowout sale on AR lowers. :D
http://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/low...m_content=Subscriber#338&utm_campaign=4-16-15

GET READY! America’s Death Zones: Where NOT To Be When It Hits the Fan...

(By Marc Slavo, SHTFplan.com) - As the potential for a globally destabilizing event becomes ever more probable, many concerned Americans are starting to wonder where they’d go if the worst were to happen.

To help answer that question, we can start by identifying the areas of the country to avoid.

The following map of the United States takes into account all of the gun related deaths since the Sandy Hook school shooting. You’ll likely notice that there is one common denominator. The majority of the violence has occurred in major metropolitan areas, with some incidents spreading into outlying ex-urban and rural areas. As of this writing 2,244 people have been killed since December of 2012.

If this is the state of our nation during relative peacetime and perceived prosperity, imagine what it’ll look like in the midst of financial, economic or political turmoil.

Americans living east of the Mississippi River will likely experience the brunt of it. But anyone residing in and around any major U.S. city will, likewise, have a tough road ahead of them.

If you live in one of these red zones, you’d better plan accordingly:

more: http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/americas-death-zones-where-not-to-be-when-it-hits-the-fan

Attachments

• WhereNotToBe.gif
    WhereNotToBe.gif
    59.9 KB · Views: 236

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Based on the chart, I live in a red zone and my survival plan for SHTF is in a pink Zone.

Having thoroughly searched for a place close enough to reach within a few hours and remote enough to be unlikely a target for marauding city folks I have to question, at least in my case, the validity of the chart.

There is a reasonableness which must be applied to any SHTF survival plan. The location must include basics of water, arable land, Forade resources, Shelter( both bomb resistant and comfortable) accessibility and defensibility.

A population of like minded people within a 100 mile radius adds a buffer of safety.

Bible belt Ozarks meets that criteria far better than remote Utah desert. So I'm sticking with AVA Mo.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Something tells me the Huff Post is over emphasizing.

Looking at the dots, a single death (over a 28 month period) gives a red-dot diameter of 40 miles. Each additional death seems to grow the circle by the same amount.

I don't see how deaths in Chicago can stretch their impact to reach into 6 different States. Hell, their circle is big enough to cover all of Wyoming. I don't think you can write off that big of an area...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Something tells me the Huff Post is over emphasizing.

Looking at the dots, a single death (over a 28 month period) gives a red-dot diameter of 40 miles. Each additional death seems to grow the circle by the same amount.

I don't see how deaths in Chicago can stretch their impact to reach into 6 different States. Hell, their circle is big enough to cover all of Wyoming. I don't think you can write off that big of an area...
I agree Brian, when I first saw it I thought they were showing impacts of a bomb attack when SHTF ...

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It has always been a well known fact that in a SHTF scenario, the cities are the worst places to be. Just look what happened after Hurricane Sandy. In the cities they were eating out of the dumpsters in a matter of days.

Brenda (my wife) and I have a certain location all mapped out to go to if need be but we live in the country, so most likely we will stay right here.

My philosophy is one cannot defend against an army, but to just make it difficult for the S***Heads who are looking for easy pickings and make them damn well earn every crumb of bread they want to steal.