• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Can anyne ID this snocat

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw this snow cat in the weeds out driving around is it anything to pursue???

Attachments

• 000_0063.jpg
    000_0063.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 214

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looked pretty well used up had a tree growing up in the back might try to contact the owner and see if it is for sale??

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like a snowmobile trail grooming drag in front part of the pic. Where did you find this cat at Mike? It might be worth a second look to see what is actually there.......:confused2:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is south of Sheridan not to far from where I live. You looking for something like this??? How was your trip to MN???

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We are still in MN and will not be back until about Wednesday. Is the Tucker out by Big Horn? I may know a little about it if it is near Big Horn.

I see in another post you have a cabin that you plan to access with your snow cat. Where is it located? Maybe we should get together on your maiden voyage for the "Rattrac" to make sure you make it back to civilization. :yum: Let me know as I am always looking for a new adventure.:eek: We might even be able to get one of those Snottracs to show us how its done.....:D

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it is I tried to call about it but he was not home she did not know if he wanted to sell it or not??

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not looked close at it I do not even know if it is for sale or not? But the tree looks like it is growing through the back rack and their is stuff piled around it and on top of it??? I personal do not own a cabin But I have access to about six different ones to use whenever I feel the urge. Their is two above Story on top of monocreft ridge one you can drive to, You can snowshoe into back cabin 2mi from front cabin. Their are three cabins you can get to from elgin park over by crazy woman creek, and north fork crazy woman creek, and little south fork of little north fork of crazy woman creek. Down by the old cow camp on the forest border. But as you know last winter you could drive to all of them with a truck no snow. Do you know a Mark W that lives down by Hazelton Lake??? Lets hope for a good snow year. Winters are my slow season so I have lots of time to play!!!!:blahblah: :blahblah: :wave:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
mbsieg said:
Do you know a Mark W that lives down by Hazelton Lake??? Lets hope for a good snow year. Winters are my slow season so I have lots of time to play!!!!:blahblah: :blahblah: :wave:

I do not recall a Mark W. I assume you mean Dull Knife reservoir. I am about 10 miles back to the north on the Forest Service boundary towards Hwy 16 from Dull Knife. There is so much develpment on that end of the mountain, I can not keep up. I am amazed at the summer home/cabin "McMansions" going up. When the logging companies quit plowing and we actually get any snow, there are going to be some disappointed property owners looking for ways to get to their cabins. For the past five years, the Hazelton road has been kept open in the winter by the logging companies. According to the loggers this year they will be logging within about 3 miles of the highway and the road beyond will not be maintained. I have discovered it is much easier to go over the snow than to try and move it. The wind will close the road right behind you in ten minutes if it is blowing hard.

Some pics of the Hazelton road from 2004. The road was being kept open for logging when the pics were taken. Two equipment operaters work about 12 hours per day for 12 miles of road to keep open for log hauling.

1/4 mile off Hwy 16 at top of the hill by winter parking area
P2100012.JPG
Looking south from my gate after a couple of days of strong winds.
P2100014.JPG
Looking back north at my gate. I live about 1.5 miles behind the gate to the west towards Powder River pass.
P2100017.JPG

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It looks very cold there, but I wouldn't mind a bit of that snow to play with my snowtrac.