• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dixie Chicks

Cityboy

Banned
The Chicks can't hide their disgust at the lack of support they received from other country performers. "A lot of artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career, which was a horrible thing to do," says Robison.
"A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."
"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/15/bmdixie15.xml

Found this on Drudge, and the article is from the Telegraph.co.uk. Natilee Maines doesn't seem too happy here in the U.S. and doesn't seem to understand how her mouth running pisses people off here. Of course she has the right to badmouth America if she wants to, but she will have to accept the consequences when Americans show their disgust with her and the other chicks. The chicks seem pretty popular in Europe; maybe they should consider moving there.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've shut them out...............I know I haven't listened to a complete tune of theirs since the TK debacle. I'll shut the radio off before I sit through it. All I see in Natalie is a spoiled, thankless little sl*t. I'm regreting I'm not in vocal oratory. I'd be much more colorful..............:puke1:

HGM

Big Dog said:
I've shut them out...............I know I haven't listened to a complete tune of theirs since the TK debacle. I'll shut the radio off before I sit through it. All I see in Natalie is a spoiled, thankless little sl*t. I'm regreting I'm not in vocal oratory. I'd be much more colorful..............:puke1:

Honestly, I hesitated even reading this post because they were in the title....

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder if the words Shut up and sing would mean anything to them? I see too many of our celebrities using their status to promote their own politics. I'd prefer to see the chicks, George Looney, Alick Baldwin, Cindy Seemyhand et. al just leave if they don't like it here.

Attachments

• Sindy.JPG
    Sindy.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 104

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
HGM said:
Honestly, I hesitated even reading this post because they were in the title....

My first reaction was to look to see if it was in MLR. :D

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I just refer to them as the Dixie Chuckups:puke1: and will not listen to their music or BS if at all possible....

MadReferee

To noone in particular,

Their music was good, I liked it and still listen to it. They are entitled to thier opinion just like you and me. If you don't like their opinions then just stop buying their recordings. Maybe they will get the hint. But by bashing them you make yourself just like them only with the opposite opinions.

However, they do have a point about other artists cashing in on the patriotic thing. I for one am sick of the entertainment people and their attitudes and ideals. But then again, they are all democrats so I guess I should expect that.:moon:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
MadReferee said:
To noone in particular,

Their music was good, I liked it and still listen to it. They are entitled to thier opinion just like you and me. If you don't like their opinions then just stop buying their recordings. Maybe they will get the hint. But by bashing them you make yourself just like them only with the opposite opinions.

I never bought their stuff or liked their music anyway so I'm kewl there as to not promoting them. As far a bashing them, it's my right just like they're right to bash and criticized TK and the war! Just trying to make a level playing field........:D

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Ya got that right, Big Dog. They never understood the fact that other people have rights too and if we choose not to listen to them or patronize stations that play them, then that's our right too. good to see them having to cancel concerts around the country but I hate to see that their new album is a top seller. Kinda strange isn't it that they start shooting their mouths off again just when their new album is coming out. Hmmm, couldn't have been a publicity stunt could it?
OTOH, TK has my everlasting respect. My son is in Iraq getting shot at every day and TK recently did a concert tour which gave those Marines a huge morale boost. Takes stones to go to a combat zone and entertain when you could just sit home and count your money. Hutch

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What I don't understand is why hollywood and entertainment people are so darn stupid when they open their mouths.

Not picking any political side, but think about it. These people make their living by BEING POPULAR. With their songs. With their movies. With something. And that popularity gets us, the public to buy their stuff. So when they say something or do something that is 'generally unpopular' then why are they so stupid as to think that it will not cost them dearly? Of course it will cost them!!! It will cost them their popularity and that is how they make their livings.

Let them all be outraged. But when they upset their own fan base then they are simply stupid. Their fans are just 'customers' and performers are just providing a service of entertainment. When fans are no longer entertained then performers are unemployed. Duh!

Today its the Dixie Chicks. People have long memories. How many people never forgave Jane Fonda?

Attachments

• Jane_gun.jpg
    Jane_gun.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 93

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
How many people never forgave Jane Fonda?
Me.

And I won't listen to the Chicks nor watch any movie with Susan Sarandon, Jane Fonda, Clooney, Streisand or any of the others.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ditto!

I'm one who believes that you are what you do and that your actions speak for you. The entertainers who don't want to lose me as a customer should stick to their jobs of entertaining and stay away from politicing. They are not my friends, I do not admire them, but if they make me laugh or their movies appeal to me, then I will be their 'customer' until they do something that makes me NOT want to watch them. And their personal life may offend me and if it does, then they suffer the consequences because I no longer listen to their music or watch their movies. Why is that so hard for them to understand?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Ditto!

I'm one who believes that you are what you do and that your actions speak for you. The entertainers who don't want to lose me as a customer should stick to their jobs of entertaining and stay away from politicing. They are not my friends, I do not admire them, but if they make me laugh or their movies appeal to me, then I will be their 'customer' until they do something that makes me NOT want to watch them. And their personal life may offend me and if it does, then they suffer the consequences because I no longer listen to their music or watch their movies. Why is that so hard for them to understand?

Bob ,
I do not think anyone could have said that any better:thumb: :applause: .

They are exactly that . ENTERTAINERS , nothing more nothing less .They are not experts on anything except acting . They are paid to act !!! They do not represent anyone and somehow many of them think their voice speaks wisdom above all other little people .

Maybe they should all go into health care reform . Now there's where we can use some help !!!

MadReferee

BigAl said:
They do not represent anyone and somehow many of them think their voice speaks wisdom above all other little people .

That's only because there are so many people out there who look up to, and worship these people and think that their word is gospel. This is the same crowd that thinks soap operas are real. Maybe someday they will get a life.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
BigAl said:

They are exactly that . ENTERTAINERS , nothing more nothing less .They are not experts on anything except acting . They are paid to act !!! They do not represent anyone and somehow many of them think their voice speaks wisdom above all other little people .

Maybe they should all go into health care reform . Now there's where we can use some help !!!

What about Arnold, the Governator???? Heck..... Ronald never made much more than a B grade movie, but became the President of the US. Just goes to prove that the US is the land of opportunity.... Think Jesse..... He became the Governor of Minnesota.....

Junkman for Senator.........:weneedpic

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
MadReferee said:
That's only because there are so many people out there who look up to, and worship these people and think that their word is gospel. This is the same crowd that thinks soap operas are real. Maybe someday they will get a life.

You mean that they aren't?????????:yum: :yum:

beds

I'm not familiar with these Dixie Chicks or their politics. I know they're coming to my town on tour and it's sold out.

Do they have any political message in their music? Musicians - in particular songwriters - can be very politically opinionated. And good for them! Get their message out through music. My teenage son is very much into the anti-Bush type music and is exposed to that message through the music. It's an opinion. I imagine he will be a more open-minded adult by considering more opinions as a youth.

Anti-war (folk music), anti-poverty and anti-government (early punk music), and new anti-war/anti-governmment through most genres.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
What about Arnold, the Governator???? Heck..... Ronald never made much more than a B grade movie, but became the President of the US. Just goes to prove that the US is the land of opportunity.... Think Jesse..... He became the Governor of Minnesota.....

Junkman for Senator.........:weneedpic

OK ,you got me there . I stand corrected ... I liked him as president . One of the strongest I ever saw

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok . They need a muzzle . Read this :

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/33442272
06/19/2006 5:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
LAUNCH Radio Networks

There must be something about being overseas that really gets the Dixie Chicks talking. Group members Emily Robison and Natalie Maines have now taken on the subject of patriotism, and apparently they're as big of fans of it as they are President Bush.

In an interview with UK's Telegraph newspaper, Robison accused some country artists of jumping on the anti-Chicks bandwagon to further their own careers. She said, "A lot of artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career, which was a horrible thing to do. A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."

Maines continued, "The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism. Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country... I don't see why people care about patriotism."

The Dixie Chicks have been overseas promoting their latest album, Taking The Long Way, with a series of live concerts. In fact, last week the trio returned to very place where their career took a major turn -- Shepard's Bush Empire in London. It was from this very stage that Maines bashed Bush three years ago.
Man!!! Talk about stick your foot in your mouth.

As they say : "What were they thinking" ?????:pat:

Stupid entertainers . Reminds me of the old song .

" Turn out the lights ,the parties over "

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why can't all entertainers act like Sanda Bullock?

I enjoy her work. I have no idea what her politics are. I have never seen her bitch about fur, or meat, or hunting, or guns, or unions, or crime, or anything else. When Hurricane Katrina hit she quietly donated $1,000,000 of her own money to the Red Cross. When the 9/11 attacks took place, she quietly donated $1,000,000 of her own money to the Red Cross. She has funny movies.

To me, that is an entertainer who I can enjoy to watch, no matter what her politics.

Now in private she can support everything the Dixie Chicks support and I don't know. But again, that is largely my point. If I don't know then I can enjoy, but if she openly offends me, then she can't expect my continued patronage.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The best entertainers were the likes of Bob Hope..... he entertained the troops and never let on as to what he was thinking about the politician that sent these soldiers to foreign lands. He did what he did best.... entertain.... make a few jokes and got everyone laughing and taking their minds off of the job that they were there for for a few hours. He was a true patriot first and an entertainer second...... or vice versa..... Junk...

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
This is going to be difficult to explain, please bear with me.
First, I don't care for the Dixie Chicks and their style of music, so I don't listen anyway.
Secondly, the only thing I know of the "problem" is what I've read here.
Thirdly, a short story, sadly displayed, but absolutely true.

Unfortunately, I know a true draft dodger, he openly stated once to myself and some other vets, how he'd have gone to Canada during Viet Nam, if he hadn't gotten into some college.
Well, quite a few years later, his 2 sons, joined the Corps, good for them I said. Then all of a sudden, here's the tallest flagpole in the nieghborhood going up, with the Stars and Stripes, and the USMC flag below.:confused: I support our troops would have been the normal response from a driver going by. Us that know this POS know better. I suspect that alot of the quasi-patriotism we see, is simply not marketing hype? Look at me, look at me, I support our troops.
Could this be what the Dixie Chicks are referring too?:mad::14_6_12:

HGM

johnday said:
This is going to be difficult to explain, please bear with me.
First, I don't care for the Dixie Chicks and their style of music, so I don't listen anyway.
Secondly, the only thing I know of the "problem" is what I've read here.
Thirdly, a short story, sadly displayed, but absolutely true.

Unfortunately, I know a true draft dodger, he openly stated once to myself and some other vets, how he'd have gone to Canada during Viet Nam, if he hadn't gotten into some college.
Well, quite a few years later, his 2 sons, joined the Corps, good for them I said. Then all of a sudden, here's the tallest flagpole in the nieghborhood going up, with the Stars and Stripes, and the USMC flag below.:confused: I support our troops would have been the normal response from a driver going by. Us that know this POS know better. I suspect that alot of the quasi-patriotism we see, is simply not marketing hype? Look at me, look at me, I support our troops.
Could this be what the Dixie Chicks are referring too?:mad::14_6_12:

Sounds like you live next to Bill Clinton........

The Chixie Dix openly bashed Toby Keith for his American pride type of songs. One in particular that states "we'll put a boot in your ass" being the American way if you screw with us... They objected saying it was rude and backwoods among other things.. They on the other hand have "fun" a song about a woman killing he husband for fun... They are the typical hypocritical scanks that run their mouths against our country while trying to reep the benifits.. I wont even listen to them, music or talk...

I like the Sandra Bullock point Bob, she is a class act.. If all celebrities that made gazzilions($$$$) per year would put their money into support for the country that made them what they are they'd make even more, patriotism isnt overrated like the Chix say, in fact I would like to see those that dont agree with our ways and patriotism go on to a better country hell maybe even buy one and run it the way they see fit for all I care..

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You made me think of a story I read a year or two ago when the dumb bitch lead singer of the Chicksey Dicks wore an "FUTK" shirt. Toby obviously didn't care much for that and had a few words about her. Apparently one of her fans decided that he would teach ole Toby a lesson one day after one of his concerts. The story goes that the guy got a backstage pass and even was able to walk right up to Toby. That's when he sized him up and told him "great concert". :yum:

Oh, to show what class Natalie Maines has, I read that on the Howard Stern show that she proudly claims that she is completely shaved and never wears any underwear. Yeah, that sounds like something a classy woman would say on national radio. :pat: