• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trac Master pictures

I have a rather sad looking 1968 Trac-Master ST4B that I plan to restore before next winter, runs good but body is poor. Can some one give me simple deirections on how to post pictures here, as I have some questions concerning exactly how the front end should be configuared. An amazing machine, goes any where, not amphibious, but that is another story!

Thanks John

Well I will try and attach pictures now. The rear of this machine is good the front is beat up and has lots of cracks. I think this girl had a lot of weight in the side racks and was operated on hard (frozen) conditions and the vibration caused panels to crack. I plan on starting with a new enine skin pad, up to the new front bumper. I have new sheets of aluminium for two new front wings. I plan on installing a new angle iron (steel or aluminium) under the racks from the rear right to the front bumper, assuming I can find a shop that will bend angle iron, this will replace the short piece that is factory installed beside the hood. This new angle will have reinforcing strips running down to the frame and everything bolted together. I plan on sand blasting her and then have a local body shop respray her.

Can some one please e-mail (or post here) pictures showing how the front wings curve down to the bumper. I do not have any correct angles to start working from.

Thanks John

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John - Canada said:
Try again! Ok now I know how to attach them but they are two big, how do I down size them?
You need to use your photo editing software to place 2 limits on the photos. One is to make sure the image size is no larger than 800 pixels tall and no wider than 800 pixels. The other limit is that the file size must be under 200kb. A program like Adobe Elements makes this manipulation easy, but there are also free programs available too!

John - Canada said:
Can some one please e-mail (or post here) pictures showing how the front wings curve down to the bumper. I do not have any correct angles to start working from.
John, is this what you are looking for?
This image is from a 2 page spread that was in one of the original factory brochures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 280
More pictures, having trouble mastering all this computor junk with my office staff on Christmas holiday! I would like a view looking in the front of a "straight" machine.

Thanks John

Attachments

• LH-1.jpg
    LH-1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 255
  • RH-1.jpg
    RH-1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 258
  • RH-2.jpg
    RH-2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 257