• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2014 Toyota 4Runner

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob's not the only one who took advantage of model year end pricing. I traded my broken boat for a C4 Corvette (93). I thought the car might sell better than the broken boat. Everyone wanted to trade me stuff for the boat. Guess what? Everyone wanted to trade for the Vette.also. Both are seen as toys, not primary vehicles, so folks want to trade all kinds of stuff, none that I needed or wanted.

So, I went on the offense, I started calling on car ads that I would want to trade the vette for and pay the difference. As expected most said no. The ones that did say yes turned out not to be vehicles I would accept. Something was lacking or they were not as good as advertised. I had had the vette since July and knew I did not want to keep it one day longer than I had to, so I checked with my favorite Toyota dealer. They had a nice 2014 4Runner, loaded with the sport TRD add on's which meand it would also fill in for the Jeep Wrangler that I sold this past summer and it had a tow package that could tow my new boat. So I bit the bullet and traded the vette on it. I rarely trade in but the deal on this one was perfect for me, and I was so glad to get the vette outof my driveway. I did have the vette detailed and it sure shined.
(4Runner pics won't load....will add them a bit later.)

Attachments

• Corvette10.jpg
    Corvette10.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Corvette12.jpg
    Corvette12.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 122

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a pic of the 4Runner

Attachments

• image-3013105713.jpg
    image-3013105713.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 116

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Congrats !! Sounds like a good trade !

I love my 4runner… second one I've had…. it's 15 years old :)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
4 Runner is one of the better SUVs on the road. Wish it came it diesel. But still its definitely one of the best.

I'd love a Toyota Land Cruiser, but they get abysmal fuel economy!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to see how it towed the boat, so I used it to take the boat about 30 miles away for a little maintenance and winterizing. It did a fine job of towing and stopping. I prefer the feel of the brakes on the 4Runner to the brakes on the Chevy 1/2 ton I've been towing with.

Mileage is nothing to brag about. I filled up after towing the boat to the shop, and calculated mileage for both tanks. First (taking boat to shop) one was 17.5, second was 16.2 for bringing the boat home. I towed home a different, longer, way coming home but it was more interstate highway with less stops. Note I ran out full tanks of gas and did not just fill up to see towing mileage, so towing brought the average down, just don't know by how much yet. EPA showed 17 for in town and 22 for highway. I'll be checking the next few tanks to see if I get close to 22. I'm afraid my heavy foot won't allow that to happen.

Still, this is the best mileage I've ever got with towing. With the trucks I've had towing mileage is more like 12. Avg is 14 or 15 without towing. So the 4Runner (aka Big Red) is a bit better and more comfortable for running around town. So much more comfortable than the Jeep, yet it will go anywhere my Jeep would go. Even has a differential lock, which if the Jeep had it I didn't know about it.

Edit to add: This 4 Runner was slightly used. I failed to mentioned it had 25,000 miles on it. Guy who had it traded it for a Camary. He was on the road a lot and wanted better mileage was the story I got. He put 25k on it in 9 months so yeah, I guess he was on the road a lot.

Agreed Bob, the Land Cruisers are Nice. The 4Runner seems to be getting a little closer to the Land Cruiser as they've up'd the size a little. It fits in parking spaces better than the Yukon's or Expedition's I've driven or riden in, but still it has a bigger feel to it than the 4 runners of generations past.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The 4Runner seems to be getting a little closer to the Land Cruiser as they've up'd the size a little. It fits in parking spaces better than the Yukon's or Expedition's I've driven or riden in, but still it has a bigger feel to it than the 4 runners of generations past.

I'm glad. My complaint about the old 4Runners was that I just didn't seem to fit in them comfortably.

We've a friend who has driven nothing but 4Runners for about 20 years. When she used to disappear overseas to work for months at a time, she used to leave it at out house with instructions to drive it occasionally which I did. Even with the seat in its lowest position my head used to be about 1/2" from the roof and I'm only 5'-10''. If you hit a bump in the road, you bounced up and hit your head and almost broke your frikkin' neck. I've ridden in her latest one but not driven it. There seems to about 2" of headroom now which is better but not great.