• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The 2000-Hp Boat

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
No knowing much about boats, I'm not sure a 2000 HP boat is that big of a deal but here it is anyways . . .

http://www.pacificyachting.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=166&Itemid=144

"What is the purpose of this boat and why not just use a couple of diesels... and can you imagine the GPH of it!!!" That's what one reader wrote when sending in this photo.
Another reader sent in this explanation:
The boat is "the latest drug runner from some European nuts. This thing was seen belting across the English Channel three times a week and was just a blur on the radar of the British Coast Guard. They were so blown away by the speed of the thing that they brought in a specialized chopper and had to attempt to LAND the chopper on the boat at high speed to get them to stop. What was on board? ... 300 kgs of pure cocaine!

"Makes my new dinghy look like a put-put bath tub boat!!"

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bet Waybomb could give them a run for their money. He only has 3 engines but they are big block i/o's and over 500hp each. He might even be pushing over 2000hp altogether. :eek:
Fred chime in when you can and let us know your set up.
Thanks!!!!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Said to be 3 750 hp 572 ci Merlins.

I'm in the process of rebuilding them now. But, judging from the cam and another Cougar like mine on the lake, I bet when I dyno these, they come up around 900 each. The other boat aledgedly has 3 850 hp engines and he only get 98mph. I top that a bit.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
2700 HP!!! WOW!
Are you going to have them ready for some summer fun soon?

The weather has been great for boating.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm on the Saint Joseph River, with my slips. The river shoaled us in this year. Nobody in our association can get to the slips this year. I am not leaving my boat anypace but here. So, I've slowed down on the rebuilds. I've decided to re-rig the engine compartment, Awlgrip it, rewire, replumb, etc. Going through the drives (two #3 SSM and 1 #4 SSM, 1.5:1, 18 x 30 Cleavers) Really, a complete rebuild. We are dredging next spring, unless mother nature is nice to us and takes all the sand away she left last winter. The boat will be in the water next year for sure.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you are making the best of a bad situation. Good luck with the rebuilds.
We have to tow 20 extra miles to launch our Baja. The ramp is less than two miles from our house but major road construction (dynomiting a hill back away from the river) ...we're told it will be open sometime in July.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Alright! How much Cocaine do you think you can you fit on that thing? :rolleyes:

I might know an interested buyer in Holland. :yum:

You could probably get quite a bit in PV, but there's no place to hide it.
Holland Michigan? Who's in Holland?