• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Speaking of cigars

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Last weekend was the first weekend that had a nice night. So, wife, and a neighbor couple sat out on the dock with a bottle of Prosecco (our 27th wedding aniv), and I pulled out a very dark wrap / very dark inside Padilla something or other and lit 'er up.

George was smoking his usual Macanudo, whereas I try something different almost every time.

Now, I haven't had a cigar since when it got too cold to sit out on the dock and do so before last winter.

I certainly liked the cigar. It was strong. Very. I got very dizzy! I had to chuck it about halfway through. Supposed to be nice again this weekend. Hopefully I can finish an entire cigar!

ps - I still love this Prosecco I reported about a while back. If not here, then on NCT. I still have about 30 bottles left for summer celebrations.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Padilla makes cigars that are often on the intense side of the spectrum. On the other hand your friend who smokes Macanudo smokes one of the mildest of the brands on the market (I'm not sure that Macanudo makes anything that is not mild). Remember that the color of the wrapper may have nothing to do with the strength of the cigar.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Agree. Macanudos are very light.

That Padilla was nice. I guess I like a strong cigar. I think I have another at the condo. If so, I'll smoke one of George's Macanudos on Thursday night, then on to the Padilla Friday night.

If I don't have one, I just discovered a small liquor store nearby that has a ton of cigars. I'm sure I can find one like the one I had. I should have kept the band so I knew which one.

It was maybe 4-5" long and had a torpedo-type end.

benspawpaw

my wife and my 26th anniversary is may 27. we will share a good wine with friends whose anniversary is may 28 next weekend. not sure which wine. just want one to sip after eating. any ideas?something good but not to much. i am broke.:biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Boone's farm apple hill. That's what the wife and I drank back in 1976 and we are still together.LOL

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
my wife and my 26th anniversary is may 27. we will share a good wine with friends whose anniversary is may 28 next weekend. not sure which wine. just want one to sip after eating. any ideas?something good but not to much. i am broke.:biggrin:

If you are not a regular wine drinker then I'd suggest an easy to drink wine. Columbia Winery Reisling may be a good choice. Its good, and about $10 to $12 a bottle at a supermarket with a large wine selection or most larger liquor stores. Chateau St Michael also makes a very drinkable Reisling, same price range. These are both fairly light wines, easy drinking, not woody/oaky flavored like some of the Chardonays.

irwin

Ahh, a nice cigar..too bad they're soo bad for me. I've given these guys much money over the years http://www.jrcigars.com/.

A nice Cohiba, or Monte Cristo, Partagas, Don Diego, La Gloria Cubana, H Upmann, even a Punch, or a Belinda if I'm in the mood.
Mmmmm, add a little cognac..... not often on the libations, but once every few months.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
..too bad they're soo bad for me.
I'm not convinced they are good for anyone . . . but it is oh so much fun being bad :brows:

One cigar I'm impressed with is very modestly priced. The Don Tomas Cameroon Corona Especial. About $5 and worth double that price.

irwin

I'm not convinced they are good for anyone . . . but it is oh so much fun being bad :brows:

One cigar I'm impressed with is very modestly priced. The Don Tomas Cameroon Corona Especial. About $5 and worth double that price.

Another one added to my to-do list.:whistling::shifty:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another one added to my to-do list.:whistling::shifty:

Yup those darn "to-do" lists just keep getting longer.

Sadly there is also the wife mandated "honey-do" list which often seems to be in direct conflict with the much more enjoyable "to-do" list :sad:

irwin

Yup those darn "to-do" lists just keep getting longer.

Sadly there is also the wife mandated "honey-do" list which often seems to be in direct conflict with the much more enjoyable "to-do" list :sad:

One item on my wife's "HONEY-DO" list is for me to quit smoking cigars, haven't got around to that one yet.:whistling:

The other "H-D" chores require a Backhoe and a Skid Steer, (so I have one of each) the result.. "most" of her assignments don't bother me much.
Who could complain with sound dampener ear muffs on, digging trees out or using a grapple to make the next burn pile.. yup' mostly she's a dream wife..:flowers:
ps: It's funny, she loved the smell of cigar smoke when we met.:biggrin:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
just remind her it's good mosquito and tick repellant for when you're on the tractor or backhoe. :biggrin: