• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pelosi ....... Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
12 beers in. And I have to say that in November there is gonna be some big changes coming.
That freak we watched in the video is nuts,, off her rocker.. and plain scarry as hell. I can't believe what she said. This unemployment extended benefit payout can't go on for ever.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The problem is,,,,,, unless someone can tell me different,,,, is a lot of people believe her. That is what sucks.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The woman's an idiot.
That's what too much botox does to the brain.
Speaker Of The House Of Representatives= Psychobabble Queen Of The House.
What the HELL?
This is going to stimulate the economy!
Din't you all know that? :yum:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well it looks like June showed more signs of another dip. Ole Nancy now has another 130K worth of unemployment checks to hand out so the economy should be on a fast track to recovery based on her estimates.

June 2010 Unemployment

This is June, construction is typically at an all time high during the month of June. What is going to happen come September, October??

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
These are all lies - our leader says it's turning around, so it must be.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
My be if you think of it this way perhaps. Take the money they get for unemployment and use it to pay bills such as mortgages, gas, food, utilities etc. Now that money goes back into the economy. Cut it off 9.8% of the population stops having any money to spend, hence the economy slows down again. That leads to more job loses instead of perhaps a small business adding employees. Our economy is based on people spending as with out consumers you have nothing to sell.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nancy makes Unemployment sound as if it is a really good thing. Ask those that are on it and most would say I would rather be back at work making my own living. I don't see unemployment helping our economy. Most of those on it barely make it month to month if that even. Most allow mortgages and other bills slide to reserve for bare necessities only like food and clothing. Utilities and mortgages are the first to lose their money.

Glink

Site Supporter
If unemployment checks are such the hot ticket for creating jobs, maybe they should send us all one.........or two for that matter. The only positive way that the government can aid in creating jobs is to foster and promote an economic environment where wealth creating industry can form and prosper. Government transfer payments actually take working capitol out of the economy reducing the potential for such industry.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
You are correct Glink, as governments needs to create a good environment for wealth creating jobs here at home. Now why has it not happened over the last few decades with lower controls on business? Perhaps it is because what was once consider a good return on ones money if invested isn't now as they want more.

My only point is if people can't pay their bills due to being unemployed it will help the economy by keeping them going till they can find work. Meanwhile their going broke stops those the owe from getting the money they are owed also. No business can handle too many defaults, that is what got us into the mess to begin with. Poor business practices by lenders for years now. We had to pay to bail them out and eat their loses on their toxic assets while they went on with business as usual.