• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 843 Development

Donald McMullin

Attachments

• 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 0013.png
    0013.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 443
  • 0014.png
    0014.png
    298.2 KB · Views: 439
  • 0015.png
    0015.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 441

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great find! :applause: Great article, here are the last pages.

Attachments

• 0016.png
    0016.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 411
  • 0017.png
    0017.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 408
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 399
  • 0026.png
    0026.png
    275.6 KB · Views: 394

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Read the entire article. We actually almost all of it "continued on page 19" AHHHH Like getting to the end of a great book and someone ripped out the last few pages. Anyone know where the entire article is? I cant find it on that site. Never the less a great read. I am fascinated how Scientists live in the Antarctic under those conditions. Having taken many survival courses, some good some bad its amazing to see how they prepare there equipment. Almost every survival course teaches you how to survive using what is around you. trees, snow, animals ect ect. There you bring EVERYTHING. There is nothing else but snow and I guess if you are lucky depending your location you might have Penguins ect. But on the Artic plain there is NOTHING. Great read.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike, Donald placed a link in the first post. But all the pages of the article are posted in here. It just takes a long time to load all 8 pages. If you didn't get all 8 pages to load, hit the "Reload" button on your web browser and w_a_i_t for the images to load.

Donald McMullin

Some additional pictures of the Model 800 Tucker in operation.

Attachments

• herc1.jpg
    herc1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 329
  • jonesmtns.jpg
    jonesmtns.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 330
  • home.jpg
    home.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 338
  • fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 324

Donald McMullin

More pictures, note the one listed as Merrick Mts, look close for the train of Tuckers and sleds (small dots)

Attachments

• merrick.jpg
    merrick.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 319-318.jpg
    319-318.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 327
  • otterovertraversebillyace.jpg
    otterovertraversebillyace.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 323
  • merrick_mts_.jpg
    merrick_mts_.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 329

Donald McMullin

No idea what happen to the 800's, have not seen them in any recent Antartic pictures. Have included some more pictures of the 800's, notice the one where they are circling the wagons to fend off indian attacks, or maybe penguins.

Attachments

• train.jpg
    train.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 318
  • drop.jpg
    drop.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 314
  • se114.gif
    se114.gif
    33.4 KB · Views: 365

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
THAT is just to cool! I need to call Tucker and see if any of those guys (history buffs) would care to join us and give us some Tucker history lessons!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When the head salesman told me about this machine I have no doubt that this was the photo he was reffering to. He said that this machine was a 600, and that the 600's were much bigger than the 700 series. Maybe I'll buy that 700 and see if Mikey will let me store it at his new shop!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
You bet LYNDON. If I'm the mikey your reffering to. Lyndon have you seen any of the 600s? Any idea where any of the monster Tuckers are at?