• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker wheel

searched and searched for a used bogie wheel for my 1344 tucker - couldn't find one at any price - a new one from the factory, with exchange, freight, and taxes was going to cost me $1000 CAD - I took a chance on taking the wheel to a local machine shop to see if they could repair the very damaged center of the wheel where a seized bearing had made a destructive mess of things - they repaired it so it looks indistinguishable from the sample wheel I sent with it - $224 CAD including taxes ( 167.73 US$ ) - - my 1344 should be out grooming the fresh 12" of snow on the sleddog trail by tomorrow evening -you can tell by my smile how pleased I am :clap:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A good machine shop is really a great thing to have locally... :thumbup:

Over the years farming we have easily saved tens of thousands repairing parts, instead of buying them new..

One has to remember the cost of the machine when considering part prices. And by that I mean what a new model comparable with the old one you need parts for it seems to me..

I have two lathes and a vertical mill in my shop, a short walk from my home. Nice to be able to it yourself. Older machine tools are not that expensive, yet they have many times more than paid for themselves in repairs. Rough up a shaft were a bearing runs just means a bit of welding and turning, and you end up with what looks like a new part. Or you can just start with some bar stock, and make up a totally new one..

I need to up my welding game how ever. I need a TIG welding torch. :smile:

Regards, Kirk

A good machine shop is really a great thing to have locally... :thumbup:

Over the years farming we have easily saved tens of thousands repairing parts, instead of buying them new..

One has to remember the cost of the machine when considering part prices. And by that I mean what a new model comparable with the old one you need parts for it seems to me..

I have two lathes and a vertical mill in my shop, a short walk from my home. Nice to be able to it yourself. Older machine tools are not that expensive, yet they have many times more than paid for themselves in repairs. Rough up a shaft were a bearing runs just means a bit of welding and turning, and you end up with what looks like a new part. Or you can just start with some bar stock, and make up a totally new one..

I need to up my welding game how ever. I need a TIG welding torch. :smile:

Regards, Kirk

I don't have enough roofs to cover what I have already, or time to build new ones, though I'd love to have them

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have enough roofs to cover what I have already, or time to build new ones, though I'd love to have them

That is exactly why it is soooo nice to have a local professional machine shop with in easy reach...

I have made room for it here because some times I need it NOW! Lol! And I like to do that sort of thing...

We seem to be good at having issues on weekends. :unsure:

Regards, Kirk